Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. How does one determine what year/model? I've a Polaris ATV - Pretty sure it's a '90s model. It's a 350 2-stroke, 4x4 liquid cooled. Stickers say 350 Liquid 4X4. Can't find any model/year stamp anywhere else. I bought a property (estate sale) and everything with it, including the Polaris. The thing quit on me the other day - lost power, then stopped. No compression. Pulled the top end off, and there we have it, piston is toast. Previous owner had disconnected the oil injector line (either because it didn't work or he didn't trust it) and I've been unknowingly diluting the pre-mix in the tank by putting in straight gas. Big end moves freely with no binding or excess play. Haven't run the machine hard, just riding around the property at low speeds.
Looks like a fresh top end will be less than $150, I'm willing to gamble on the bottom end being ok and rebuild just the top. So, I need to know how to determine what model and year this is to order parts. Any suggestions? My guess from comparing pics is it's a Trailboss 350L, but that is just a guess and no idea of the year
-Matt

·
Registered
22 Posts
Can you find the VIN? Pretty sure that service manuals have a VIN decoder somewhere. I will check mine and send a picture of the decoder. It may not be for all models though. Will keep you posted.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
For the VIN..... Look on the frame in the front left wheel well area!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I checked out the service manual, it is only for 2015-2016. Sorry. Maybe a dealership can help you once you find the VIN.

·
8,882 Posts
If you buy many older used machines like I do, you very seldom have documentation. Most folks if they ever had any papers 10 or 12 years ago filed them away somewhere in a closet and have no clue where they are today. I just prepare a bill of sale with the proper identifying info and have them sign it for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts