Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On your Sportsman, what would it be? Seriously, if you had to just change one thing about your stock atv, what would that be, and why?

·
Premium Member
9,806 Posts
That's a tough one!!!! I was going to say skid plates. But Sprotsman right I have to go with aftermarket rims and tires.

·
Premium Member
9,806 Posts
At the size tires going up in rim diameter isn't a plus necessarily. The 12" rims generally work better until you start going 28" and bigger. I like 14" rims cause they look good,. There is less tire roll when riding at a faster pace. Also but not a huge deal rocks are less likely to get caught behind the rim and pop holes in the rim from getting wedged between the rim and caliper. The biggest down side to a 14" rim in 27" and smaller tires is they are more prone to pinch flats.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Depends on the year and model really. For mine I’m gonna go with pinion cover. I can ride with crappy tires, but a blown diff, no such luck.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
That would still apply to Gmartino100. You’d have to pose this question Atv specific. For instance, If my new Atv was a XP 1000S the upgrade I would want, would be to live in Montana!

·
Registered
4 Posts
On your Sportsman, what would it be? Seriously, if you had to just change one thing about your stock atv, what would that be, and why?
The fill hole for the front differential. I have a 2016 Sportsman 570 and, with a winch installed, the fill hole is not accessible without major disassembly.

·
Registered
19’ 850SP Camo. MtAiry Maryland
180 Posts
Vibration isolated, gyroscopically stabilized, refrigerated Beer Holder

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 98 500 Sportsman. In 99, they replaced the U joints on the rear axles with CV joints. Ive always hated the vibration the U joints caused. So today, I'm in the process of converting to CV joints. I'm about half done, I hope!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah, I can see doing tires for sure. Probably will in the near future, go up a couple of inches. More ride height.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts