Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just for fun...We know Polaris is the best!!! But if you didnt/couldnt own a Polaris what other brand of ATV would you own/buy?? For me...Besides owning 8 different Polaris'....I have only owned a Kawasaki 300 many years so I really dont know much about the others... BUT the Can-AM 1000 is probably where i would go because I have seen one up close and like the looks and the CC's..BUT I'm Polaris always and Forever!

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
I'd probably go Yamaha. because I'm not willing to pay the prices of a Can-am. I don't need the biggest baddest ATV. I look for bang for your buck. and Can-am is very proud of their products.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Can Am.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Big Red Honda can't kill there machines!

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Yamaha!

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
If Suzuki is the same quality as my 1987 LT4x4 I would gt that..that machine is bullet proof...since 1987 all i put in it was oil an plugs...with the 4 speed transmission and 4 hi an low and differentail lock its a beast...I pulled my truck out of a ditch in differental lock before....goes at a snails pace but power..and its a 250cc....never did not start for me...except when a mouse at some wires ..loll

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
#1 Yamaha or #2 Honda.... both seem a bit behind in the technology curve, but solid machines.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
I'd probably go Yamaha. because I'm not willing to pay the prices of a Can-am. I don't need the biggest baddest ATV. I look for bang for your buck. and Can-am is very proud of their products.
X2, Canned hams are way over priced, not worth the extra $$. Yammi 700 Grizzly was my second choice when i bought the Poo.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I bought our Polaris because Yamaha didn't make a two up machine. I have had 7 trouble free 4x4 Yamahas and this one Polaris. I have had it for 26 months and for 6 months it was in storage in Az for the summer. Out of the 20 remaining months it has been in a dealers shop for a total of 4 months next week. That is not 4 months in a row, it's 6 weeks, 4 weeks, and 6 weeks. Guess what I will be riding soon.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
what were the issues you were having with your Polaris Clutch?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yamaha. I had a 660 grizzly last and it was an awesome mud machine. I will not buy a bike without a locker in the front end, and independent rear suspension, so honda and can am aren't even in the ballpark

·
Registered
450 Posts
I used to think Can-Am, but having weighed the options a little more, I'd probably ride a CFMoto... The visco-lock system on the Can-Ams seems ineffective compared to Polaris. So if all I'm going to get is a rough ride and a manually-engaging 4x4 system, I'm not paying Yamaha prices... CFMoto makes the 700cc Arctic Cat motor, they make the 4x4 system for Yamaha and Suzuki... Yeah, it's a Chinese quad, but to ones I looked at didn't seem any different than the Yammers and 'Zukis...

Either that or an Argo. I use my Polaris for fun, sure... But the main purpose was fetching meat and getting me into the backwoods. Argo can do that and more.

·
Registered
553 Posts
All the Can Am engines are Rotax not made by CF moto!

·
Registered
450 Posts
All the Can Am engines are Rotax not made by CF moto!
Oops, you're right... Momentary lapse in memory. The CFMoto 700cc mill is in the Arctic Cats, not the Can-Ams. Original post edited to reflect.

Edited to add: Looks like CFMoto doesn't make them for Arctic Cat anymore either... Arctic Cat started making their own mills in-house a couple years ago.

·
Registered
450 Posts
My father has been very pleased with his Suzuki. It's seen a lot of plowing work this season. Hasn't had any trouble out of it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Had 2 Suzuki King Quads. First was a 2006 700, then when it was stolen, replaced it with a 2008 750. Nothing bad to say about either one. Ended up trading for a 2011 550XP when I took the 2008 in for recall work. This is my 3rd Polaris, and I love it, but as I said, the Suzukis were fine machines

1 - 20 of 51 Posts