Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 SP 700 only has 50 or some hours used, it was workig fine. Recently the engine stop and couldn´t get it to start. I check for spark and it didn´t have any. help...

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Fuses ok? And welcome to the board!

·
Registered
527 Posts
You need to unplug the single black wire to your cdi box, This will eliminate all your on off switches, just remember if it does start you need to plug the wire back in to shut the machine off. Doing this will tell you if one of the switches is bad, the switches will then need to be checked individually. You can also check the grounds and make sure they are tight. Good Luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I´ll try unpluging.

I heard that some of the 2002 700 models need an electrical kit (CDI, stator, flywheel) that was later sold by Polaris, is this true?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks I will also check for fuses.

Sorry, is there a main fuse some where?

When I bought it didn´t come with owners manual.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have unpluged the black wire from CDI and no spark at all. Does it mean that CDI has to be replace? Aprox cost?

Thankx...Dirty Dawg Dale and 1200bruce

·
Registered
527 Posts
You will need to get the specs and check the ohm resistance on your stator before doing anything else. Sorry I do not remember the specs for that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have check the resistance in the stator and triger coil form spec on owners manual and they´re right within specs.

Trigger coil 360 to 410 Ohms and open to ground
Capacitor charge coil 5.4 to 7.3 Ohms and 0 to ground

Any other checks I have to do before thinking on buying a CDI box.

Thankx again Dirty Dawg Dale

·
Registered
527 Posts
You just want to make sure you have checked everything else so you are not just throwing money at this machine to try to fix it. Then if your confident you have checked everything and eliminated any other possible problems then yes I would replace the cdi on the machine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts