Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
there are 6 of us going to brimstone recreation in huntsville tn in may. we will be riding may 3rd and 4th. we all ride atvs. anyone else want to join us?

we are leaving the morning of thursday may 1st and heading to nashville to hit the strip for the night. then heading to oneida, tn friday morning to go white water rafting on the big south national river. then off to brimstone after that. we will be riding saturday and sunday. then heading back home monday morning.

leaving from channahon.

oh... mancation 2014

·
Premium Member
12,406 Posts
my have a couple of buddies that are down for that. been wanting to hit brimestone up for a while. we do hmt in the fall so a spring mancation is just what i need.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Our mancation last year was hatfield mccoy trails. Stayed at ashland resort. Rode indian ridge, pocahontus, and a ton of outlaw trails. I also went back in the fall and rode them all again plus pinnacle creek. 285 miles in 3 days.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I might be up for this. I need to get some time out on the machine and need some good riding. Is it camping or places to stay? Is there any more details around the riding end Saturday and Sunday

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Would love to join you but me and 9 others will be at Hatfield McCoy, Buffalo Mountain that same weekend. Y'all have a good time and be careful, especially on the Nashville strip...lol

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Right now there are 10 of us going rafting and riding. Between us all we booked cooks pond getaway and the bluffs. I just looked on there sight and they have from tents to cabins. We plan on riding all day saturday and sunday. Maybe some night riding too. We all havent got together yet to figure out all the trail riding details but we will soon and I can give you more details.

Www.brimstonerecreation.com

·
Premium Member
12,406 Posts
Right now there are 10 of us going rafting and riding. Between us all we booked cooks pond getaway and the bluffs. I just looked on there sight and they have from tents to cabins. We plan on riding all day saturday and sunday. Maybe some night riding too. We all havent got together yet to figure out all the trail riding details but we will soon and I can give you more details.
so just the two days of riding? im still interested as we get closer to the date I will have a better idea of plans.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
just the two days for us. we might do some night riding on friday. we decided to switch it up from just all riding this time. we stayed an extra day at hatfield mccoy last year because we were having such a good time. never know we may do it again this year if everything is going good.

·
Registered
178 Posts
we're staying at the cooks pond getaway when we leave in a week and two days :veryhappy:

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Let me know how buffalo mountain is. I have not rode it yet. Strip will be a good time...
Will do and am hearing that they are making a connector from Buffalo Mountain to Rockhouse. to be ready this spring, so we may get to ride it also. You will like the strip in Nashville. I've lived in Tn for over 40 years and been to the strip many times. Be respectful and don't act a fool and southern hospitality will overwhelm you. Act stupid and they will jail you just like any other big city. Have a good time on your trip

·
Registered
178 Posts
ill let you know how nice it is when I get there hopefully I get phone signal when im there, atleast ill have my wireless internet with me so I can post pictures as im there on the laptop

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'll know closer to the day but I'm going to make every attempt to go for this. Nothing like meeting new people and having a good couple days of riding

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ride is still on for may 3rd and 4th. There are 10 of us going. We are going white water rafting may 2nd. Its an all day trip (10am to 4:30pm). The meeting place for white water rafting is only 18 miles from brimstone. Info for rafting can be found at ky-rafting.com. its the spring rafting big south fork trip for $85.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Brimstone review so far in my opinion...

- very easy to get to office. (Close to highway)
- gas is close by. You can ride to it if you can find the trail.
- there is a dollar general right in town and a walmart 15 minutes away.
- the trails are very technical. Green grails are green but after that I felt alot of the blues were blacks. Trails are rutted out a bit from rzrs which made alot of spots difficult for the sport quads. There are alot of water crossings. So far I like the trails. The 4x4 atvs were doing just fine.
- To give an example I took my daughter to hatfield mccoy trails last year. We rode all blue trails for 3 days with little issues. I would never bring her here to ride.
- trails I really liked so far were 89, 13, 14. 3a was good but Im glad we came from the top and worked are way down.

Thats after day 1 day of riding and 85 miles. Also white water rafting is only 25 minutes away. Was very fun but a little cool at 65 degrees

·
Premium Member
12,406 Posts
Brimstone review so far in my opinion...

- very easy to get to office and cabins.
- gas is close by. You can ride to it if you can find the trail.
- there is a dollar general right in town and a walmart 15 minutes away.
- the trails are very technical. Green grails are green but after that I felt alot of the blues were blacks. Trails are rutted out a bit from rzrs which made alot of spots difficult for the sport quads. There are alot of water crossings. So far I like the trails alot. The 4x4 atvs were doing just fine.
- To give an example I took my daughter to hatfield mccoy trails last year. We rode all blue trails for 3 days with little issues. I would never bring her here to ride.
- trails I really liked so far were 89, 13, 14. 3a was good but Im glad we came from the top and worked are way down.

Thats after day 1 of 85 miles of riding. No flat tires.
sounds like a good time. thanx for the review. keep us posted.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts