Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok.. a mild re-cap.. I sold my 2010 850 touring back in early jan.. Had a guy come along and couldn't resist his offer.. I paid $10300 for it back in oct 2010 and sold it for $8000.. Not bad for 4 years and 3000km's if you ask me.. Anyway.. After I sold the touring, I was bored and decided to throw my tractor up for sale on line as well.. Damn, if I didn't sell it too in about 10 days.. So holy crap.. There I was with my toys gone and the rest of the winter to hunt for new ones.. My dilemma as I searched was where to compromise or to compromise at all.. Either back off a bit on the caliber of tractor or on the caliber of atv.. Long story longer.. My head and my heart fought over what to do for the last month.. My head won in the end.. I decided to put more into the tractor part of the deal and took a bit of a step backwards in the atv department.. For any tractor guys out there I have small acreage and don't need a monster but do need something that has real tractor power and capabilities.. I'm a John Deere guy through and through and have owned 2 other green tractors in the past but never a new one.. So I bought a John Deere 1023e with loader, 60" deck and backhoe along with a White Sportsman 570 eps and am having a 2500lb winch installed but that's it for upgrades from the dealer.. Sorry there are no pics yet.. The tractor won't be in until mid april and since the dealer is 2 1/2 hrs away. I'm not making two trips so I won't grab the atv till then as well.. I did get to test ride a 570 and was quite impressed with the comfort and was pleasantly surprised at how snappy the power is..That said, an 850 XP it ain't. But then not much is.. Sooooo.. Now that I've demoted myself to the kids table so to speak (850 XP vs value ha!!).. I can only hope this Polaris is as good to me as my XP was..

·
Registered
978 Posts
welcome back! hope to see pics

·
Premium Member
10,589 Posts
I think u did great on both. im jelly of the tractor. I should have bought a compact tractor. I went with a x748. it would have been nice to have the option through jd to get a back-hoe attachment. not that I REALLY need it but boys and their toys, at least that's what wifey says and I tell her its work and she smiles.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'd say win-win! Congrats to you.

I got my 570 eps a month ago and coming from a honda recon to it is a big step up for me. I think you'll like it.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think u did great on both. im jelly of the tractor. I should have bought a compact tractor. I went with a x748. it would have been nice to have the option through jd to get a back-hoe attachment. not that I REALLY need it but boys and their toys, at least that's what wifey says and I tell her its work and she smiles.

ha!.. I hear ya'.. That X748 ain't no slouch either though.. They really are the real deal.. Crazy how much these green buggies cost .. But 10-15-20 and in the case of the 300 series tractors.. Even 30 years later.. They will still be running strong and still worth some impressive $$.. I love'm..

·
Premium Member
10,589 Posts
golf I hear ya. that was the plan to buy a machine that would perform under any condition I would encounter and at the same time last 20+ years. also when going with JD the replacement part availability is reliable. between the 1116cc yanmar engine and 4-wheel drive w/locking rear diff it has served my well. the way all the implements go together and come undone is worth the coin IMHO.

post up pics ASAP. congrats and good luck with the new machines.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts