Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all. Hoping to get time today to pick up my new Scrammy 1000S. It is in and built and waiting for me. Hope this thing kicks some ass.

·
Premium Member
7,683 Posts
Haha congrats Smash!!! I'll be interested to hear your take on it!!!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No chance to ride tonight. But some observations are, frame is way beefier, suspension looks sick, much quieter...i took off the deflector and screen and it helped some. Will be adding LED lights asap. Can't wait to rip her Saturday. Took some comparisons pics between my 2014 Scrammy 1000

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pics 2020 1000s vs 2014 1000

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,683 Posts
Man-o-man it looks like a monster!!! Let'er rip tater chip!!!! First ride are you going to hit the power lines???

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will have some answers for you tomorrow. Hoping to go on a decent ride. Plus next 2 weeks locally we have a Sullivan County atv ride and the Tar Hollow ride the 21st. I will have a great perspective then.

·
Premium Member
7,683 Posts
I'll look for you at those rides and introduce myself!!

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Can you do me a huge favor and measure the offset on the wheels? I'm trying to see if I can squeeze one of these on 50" trails with the right set of wheels...

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey, here's a couple pics zoomed to the front wheels. I do not believe you could get it down to 50. Later today I will do an actual measuring of overall width and try to get an accurate wheel offset if you still think you need it.

Attachments

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Second pic

Attachments

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Nah, those look too shallow. Guess I'll just sit back and wait for them to do something for us 50" limited guys

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1st Ride....1000S
First for the record I did no suspension tuning at all just rode how it came out of the crate. Slow speed ride is a little bit stiff. Tires set at 7psi (factory) which i think i will normally run about 4psi. Regular trail speed the ride gets better but still a little rough. Power steering feels a little twitchy at medium speeds at times. Now high speed riding this machine is a Man vs children....it is an absolute beast. Trails I've done 55-60 on my 2014 Scrambler 1000 with bottoming out and getting tossed around some on the new machine it was like 70mph and amazing. This trail is like a dirt road with whoops small-medium sized. I can not wait to start dialing in the suspension. Now for the width, i was a bit concerned for some trails but to be honest it was really a none factor. Now the width in a good way was awesome. This machine feels so stable everywhere. When parked next to other big bore machines it definitely stands out as well. This week will I will start doing some Mods hopefully. I have to find out if i can run my dynojet programmer on it. If yes i will be doing Airbox opening. Going to make some calls about clutching. And have to figure out if i can run 2014-2018 scrambler 1000 LED headlights...why the hell did Polaris go back to bulb style on this monster. Really my only complaint...well i also miss the sound of my Trinity duals on my 14 Scrammy. That machine turns heads where ever it rides. All in all this 2020 Scrambler is a Animal.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Power was good but I'm comparing it to a modified 1000 with quad shop custom clutch kit, air box mods, trinity duals full system and RVS tuning. Also the new machine now only has 33 miles. My 2014 gained power as it broke in so I'm assuming this will as well.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Second ride is in the books...rode great, definitely a fan

1 - 20 of 23 Posts