Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I signed up 4 years ago and was only on here a hand full of times. I am glad to say I am back to stay. Just sold my 99 Banshee (with go fast goodies) to purchase a 2011 Sportsman 550 XP. Being dropped off on Friday night. Cant wait. Bought the 550 from my Father who hardley used it. So Saturday morning we are going to the dealership to pick up his new 2012 Sportsman 800 (new still in the box).

Looks like a great site to be on and good family to be part of. Sorry a head of time if I have some questions being new to the 4x4 thing but I am not new to being in the garage or around tools.

Cant Wait to get out enjoy some time with the family...wifey has Raptor 350 and MA has 07 Ranger 700 XP.

Would like to have a moment of silence one last time for the Shee as I am glad to move onto bigger and better things.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Wellcome..... Back :wave:

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................RIP:bsflag:

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
welcome back

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Awesome and welcome. Where are you from in Michigan? I just made to switch to 4x4 as well, although I still have my Yfz for the moment.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Welcome back and congrats on the move to the sport utility machines! They are fun and you can do a lot to them! Bye Banshee Bye! A couple of friends of mine in the earlier days had them and they were fun........in the sand!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey thanks guys...ya the Banshee is its own animal and will always hold a special place in my heart but I was done rebuilding, rejetting redoing this or that just to ride for the day. This will be so nice being able to go out to the garage and turn key and go, oh plus no more mix lol.

Robooo-Just north of GR...Sparta. Any pics of the YFZ? Where do you ride?

Drsignguy-ya I am the first in my "group" to go the the "Dark Side" but I will have the last laugh. The last ride on the Shee for me was down a 50" trail with a Raptor 660 and following 4 dirt bikes. Trying to show that I could go just as fast on a 50" trail as the next guy well my 22" mud lites grabbed a root and threw me 15 feet off the quad "luckly or I would have been under it when it rolled" and landed on my back. Still hurts every now and then but I learned to respect lol. Never had the shee to the dunes, wish I could have at least once to really see why the two stoke is king at the dunes for climbing.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................RIP:bsflag:

:lmao:

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome back.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Hey thanks guys...ya the Banshee is its own animal and will always hold a special place in my heart but I was done rebuilding, rejetting redoing this or that just to ride for the day. This will be so nice being able to go out to the garage and turn key and go, oh plus no more mix lol.

Robooo-Just north of GR...Sparta. Any pics of the YFZ? Where do you ride?

Drsignguy-ya I am the first in my "group" to go the the "Dark Side" but I will have the last laugh. The last ride on the Shee for me was down a 50" trail with a Raptor 660 and following 4 dirt bikes. Trying to show that I could go just as fast on a 50" trail as the next guy well my 22" mud lites grabbed a root and threw me 15 feet off the quad "luckly or I would have been under it when it rolled" and landed on my back. Still hurts every now and then but I learned to respect lol. Never had the shee to the dunes, wish I could have at least once to really see why the two stoke is king at the dunes for climbing.
I ride Gladwin and Leota so far, looking to expand my riding areas. Also lost the two guys I ride with as they sold the quads due to pressure from the wives.....lame. Here are some pics of my YFZ.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome back. Banshee has been on my list of must own for a long time. Only want to own it for a day though for all the same reasons you sold yours.

I know exactly what you mean. Its a ride you will never forget...this sums up a Banshee-from the BansheeHQ forum

quote name='bigblockbanshee' timestamp='1305604886' post='1238494']
To any unsuspecting victim the Banshee's powerband comes on like a 2 dollar whore about to lose her corner to the new girl on the block. She hits you hard and keeps pulling until your eyes are about to roll back in your head and the only thing that brings your vision back into focus is when you've had enough and decide to roll off of her for a second or two. But you know all the while that any time you need one hell of a fix she'll be right there at your command. That's deep $&*@ right there fellas...[/quote]

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And another.

That is sharp and clean...you add aftermarket headlights? I have only rode one once and I can see why people want them for the trails. Great looking bike.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I got it on craigslist looking to trade for two older sleds and trailer.
What year of sleds and size you want? I am a big snowmobile guy. Right now is a perfect time for the people with sleds wanting to dump them and get a quad with "spring time" starting.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Look in the GR area. I know for some reason the Doo's hold value...way to much if you ask me. Now is the time.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts