Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had another thread for getting help on priming the vent line (thanks for the help...got it figured out finally!). However, it seems I thought the below pics were the crank case drain plug...but it seems that is not the case? Anyone know what this is? It is behind the foot brake on the right side of the case:

So this must be the crank drain plug..with the blue dot next to it?

Do most of you not drain it from there, but drain the tank and then start the bike for a few seconds to pull the crank oil out of the crank into the tank and get it to drain that way? Looks like I need to redo my oil change:)

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
yes that is the crank drain plug with the blue dot next to it. empty that and the oil tank, put plugs back in, fill with oil then prime the line.

·
8,739 Posts
You don't say what machine your asking about but the top pic with the "drain" plug is the water pump and that would drain coolant.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry...it is 2012 sportsman 400ho. That little drain plug I loosened and then put back on as hardly anything came out of it. Thanks for the help! Looks like I will be redoing the oil change today...

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
all have to learn at some point i guess.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks again for the help folks. Got it all fixed up and ready for the weekend!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Side bar question, did you do your oil change with a Polaris filter and oil or did you change it up? Im about to do a serivce on mine and im trying to get other opinions on what fluids and filters they are running.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts