Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
15,182 Posts
Smile Organism Grass Font Ball

·
Premium Member
15,182 Posts
I'm sure if you try to schedule an appointment your dealer is going to tell you that they're backed up 3 to 6 months

·
Registered
1 Posts
First one of these I’ve seen, how long does this usually take?

View attachment 172968
Yes, my dealer just notified me last night that I can't take delivery of my 2023 570 Premium because of a Polaris "HOLD" they received. Also, my son took delivery of a 450 last week. Looks like I'll be hoofing it this Deer season. So, I will not just hold for 6 months does anyone recommend another manufacturer that is doing a better engineering job?

·
Premium Member
15,182 Posts
Yes, my dealer just notified me last night that I can't take delivery of my 2023 570 Premium because of a Polaris "HOLD" they received. Also, my son took delivery of a 450 last week. Looks like I'll be hoofing it this Deer season. So, I will not just hold for 6 months does anyone recommend another manufacturer that is doing a better engineering job?
Font Window Pattern Screenshot Automotive exterior
to the forum
Gas Font Automotive lighting Ball Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
57 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,182 Posts
I just took delivery of a new 2022 Sportsman 570 last Thursday. I also received the same notice on Tuesday.
You got to be kidding me!!
New toy but can't use it.
Went to my dealer today and they hadn't heard about the issue until I arrived.
I sure would like to know where the interference is so I could inspect/fix it and start riding.
Font Window Pattern Screenshot Automotive exterior
to the forum
Gas Font Automotive lighting Ball Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
14 Posts
I checked in with the dealer. They said there is no fix released yet, even if they could get the unit in. Apparently, there are Polaris units with months old recalls with no fix yet. He said he wouldn't even expect anything until 2023 in just basic info from Polaris. Sad.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Polaris can do a buy back on these units ! But of course that’s not expected ! Bad deal !
You meant SHOULD DO a buy back ~~Old Gezzer~~

Reactions: yooper265

·
Premium Member
19’ 850SP Camo. MtAiry Maryland
3,841 Posts
It reads like the machine needs some zip ties to hold the wire harness away from the frame and brake line. Ride on.
^^ I agree, personally, with a recall that doesn’t appear to need any new components, I would just fix myself and ride on. It’s pretty likely I’d do a better job/repair then them anyway. Wouldn’t be the first or last time I rerouted/anchored or added chafing protection to a wire harness or cable.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I checked in with the dealer. They said there is no fix released yet, even if they could get the unit in. Apparently, there are Polaris units with months old recalls with no fix yet. He said he wouldn't even expect anything until 2023 in just basic info from Polaris. Sad.
Dealers are swamped with the latest snowmobile recall at the moment. 230,000 units , model years 2015-2023. It's another stop ride recall do to fuel tank ruptures,fire hazard.
It appears that they have the fix for this recall, but the dealers will need to fix the current inventory so they can sell them. Maybe when polaris in done with this recall, sometime in the spring, they will get the fix out for the ATV's

·
Registered
166 Posts
^^ I agree, personally, with a recall that doesn’t appear to need any new components, I would just fix myself and ride on. It’s pretty likely I’d do a better job/repair then them anyway. Wouldn’t be the first or last time I rerouted/anchored or added chafing protection to a wire harness or cable.
Yep, I wouldn't stop riding the machine because of this, but it sucks for the guy's that can't take delivery of new machine because of this recall.

·
Registered
57 Posts
It reads like the machine needs some zip ties to hold the wire harness away from the frame and brake line. Ride on.
Find the spot slit a rubber hose and slip it over the wiring harness in the said areas ~~Old Geezer~~

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just bought a new 450 EPS and a new 570 Trail. 450 had all of 3.1 hrs on it when it started flashing “Release Brake” and the check engine light came on. Dealer was going to pick it up and take back to the shop to troubleshoot when they were dropping off my 570 Trail. Polaris put out a recall on both the day I was to receive the 570. I’ve two new Sportsman’s I can’t even get through the break in period with. Not a good look for Polaris right now.

I just took delivery of a new 2022 Sportsman 570 last Thursday. I also received the same notice on Tuesday.
You got to be kidding me!!
New toy but can't use it.
Went to my dealer today and they hadn't heard about the issue until I arrived.
I sure would like to know where the interference is so I could inspect/fix it and start riding.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts