Polaris ATV Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just bought a new 450 EPS and a new 570 Trail. 450 had all of 3.1 hrs on it when it started flashing “Release Brake” and the check engine light came on. Dealer was going to pick it up and take back to the shop to troubleshoot when they were dropping off my 570 Trail. Polaris put out a recall on both the day I was to receive the 570. I’ve two new Sportsman’s I can’t even get through the break in period with. Not a good look for Polaris right now.
that sucks royally ~~Old Geezer~~

·
Registered
56 Posts
The "A TEAM" that should scare ya . ever watch that show, they shoot at everything and never hit anyone ...Old Geezer ~~

Reactions: yooper265

·
Registered
728 Posts
Yes, my dealer just notified me last night that I can't take delivery of my 2023 570 Premium because of a Polaris "HOLD" they received. Also, my son took delivery of a 450 last week. Looks like I'll be hoofing it this Deer season. So, I will not just hold for 6 months does anyone recommend another manufacturer that is doing a better engineering job?
I'm in the same boat , just purchased a 2023 450 HO EPS. The machine doesn't have a mile on it yet. I planned on breaking it in in the next 3 weeks at Bear and deer camp.
It appears to me the location of the possible problem is where the stator wire goes acrossed the front of the motor from the right side to the left and attaches to the motor mount bracket. Where the wires branch off from there they are just covered with a cloth type electrical tape for 3"s before it enters a plastic Corrugated wiring Loom. The 3 small wires branching off with the cloth tape is frayed and I guess if they became worse could short on that section of frame and catch the Loom on fire and melt the brake line. I can't see anything else that looks like a problem. I hope a quick fix is coming soon.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm in the same boat , just purchased a 2023 450 HO EPS. The machine doesn't have a mile on it yet. I planned on breaking it in in the next 3 weeks at Bear and deer camp.
It appears to me the location of the possible problem is where the stator wire goes acrossed the front of the motor from the right side to the left and attaches to the motor mount bracket. Where the wires branch off from there they are just covered with a cloth type electrical tape for 3"s before it enters a plastic Corrugated wiring Loom. The 3 small wires branching off with the cloth tape is frayed and I guess if they became worse could short on that section of frame and catch the Loom on fire and melt the brake line. I can't see anything else that looks like a problem. I hope a quick fix is coming soon.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive design Automotive fuel system

+Here's a pic of the stator wire bundle near the engine on my 10-day old 570.

The bundle is supported by two zip tides, one near each eng mount. There's positive clearance but not much more. Looks like there's five wires in the bundle - 3 for the stator and 2 for the crank position sensor (not sure, wish I have a wiring diagram and service manual). I don't see a problem here.

I'm wondering if the interference area of concern is near the regulator/rectifier or somewhere else between the r/r and the left engine mount where the engine stator harness connects to another wire harness (that goes to the r/r)? Or, maybe inside the engine between the wire bundle housing seal and the stator?? (Polaris blame their supplier in the recall noticed)

I sure wish Polaris would issue some sort of update (or just reply here) that would at least define the problem in enough detail that we can inspect for the condition. I understand it might take a while to define a solution. Polaris obviously knows what the problem is. Please share it with us. Here's an idea.... just give us a copy of that ever notice was given to the feds (i.e., Comsumer Product Safety Commision)!

·
Registered
728 Posts
I agree the problem may be further down the line tucked in all the other crap towards the voltage regulator that is impossible to see. More detailed info would be great but I guess they want to cover their butts and make sure it fixed right. Even a guess on how long the fix will take would be appreciated. They say out of 117,500 machines, 5 caught on fire and 3 had frayed wires.

Reactions: NewSportsmanOwner

·
Registered
728 Posts
I searched a lot of pages the day I got the email recall, I think they tell you that on their website if you put your Vin # in to search your machine.

·
Registered
166 Posts
View attachment 173213

+Here's a pic of the stator wire bundle near the engine on my 10-day old 570.

The bundle is supported by two zip tides, one near each eng mount. There's positive clearance but not much more. Looks like there's five wires in the bundle - 3 for the stator and 2 for the crank position sensor (not sure, wish I have a wiring diagram and service manual). I don't see a problem here.

I'm wondering if the interference area of concern is near the regulator/rectifier or somewhere else between the r/r and the left engine mount where the engine stator harness connects to another wire harness (that goes to the r/r)? Or, maybe inside the engine between the wire bundle housing seal and the stator?? (Polaris blame their supplier in the recall noticed)

I sure wish Polaris would issue some sort of update (or just reply here) that would at least define the problem in enough detail that we can inspect for the condition. I understand it might take a while to define a solution. Polaris obviously knows what the problem is. Please share it with us. Here's an idea.... just give us a copy of that ever notice was given to the feds (i.e., Comsumer Product Safety Commision)!
You need to read what it says in the recall, not really sure why you are looking at the stator wires. " a wiring harness may have been improperly assembled by the supplier and wires may contact the brake line and/or vehicle frame resulting in potential loss of front brakes and/or fire posing a risk of serious injury."

I would start by looking at the front brake lines, especially by the steering post for starters, then work my way down from there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You need to read what it says in the recall, not really sure why you are looking at the stator wires. " a wiring harness may have been improperly assembled by the supplier and wires may contact the brake line and/or vehicle frame resulting in potential loss of front brakes and/or fire posing a risk of serious injury."

I would start by looking at the front brake lines, especially by the steering post for starters, then work my way down from there.

Thanks for the input. The Polaris email recall had a link to their Recall website. When I entered my VIN, the website returned this info:

Rectangle Font Screenshot Number Parallel

You are correct, I need to look higher up (when time allows)......perhaps where the stator wires are routed to the voltage regulator/rectifier.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just bought a new 450 EPS and a new 570 Trail. 450 had all of 3.1 hrs on it when it started flashing “Release Brake” and the check engine light came on. Dealer was going to pick it up and take back to the shop to troubleshoot when they were dropping off my 570 Trail. Polaris put out a recall on both the day I was to receive the 570. I’ve two new Sportsman’s I can’t even get through the break in period with. Not a good look for Polaris right now.
Still waiting on dealership to fix it and release both back to me. I can’t believe this is happening with two brand new ATV’s. Ugggghhhh

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just received a call from my dealer on this, he said he received an updated email that stated a repair/inspection procedure would be released mid December. I am waiting to pick up my new 570..... waiting... sigh...

·
Registered
728 Posts
The good news for you is that you would think they will do the machines at the dealers first and get them off the floor and get you riding . Good luck with it when you get it🙃.

Reactions: Cousineddy
21 - 39 of 39 Posts