Polaris ATV Forum banner
41 - 60 of 75 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Has anyone else have issues with this?
Mine almost caught on fire and I lost brakes while I was riding.
It melted the brake line and I saw the wires sparking.
View attachment 173686
Wow, according to the recall only 5 fires where caused by this... What is Polaris doing for you? How many miles did you have on it when this happened?

· Registered
730 Posts
Well I guess we where possibly looking in the right area.

· Registered
13 Posts
You meant SHOULD DO a buy back ~~Old Gezzer~~
Am I missing a bunch of problems with these or something my only issues in two years and roughly 1200 HARD miles in eastern Kentucky were
: water in the clutch exhaust - I posted a 5 minute free fix that could be done with the pliers in the tool kit
: a temp sensor plug that could possibly be from the recall but the snap was broke on the pigtail that went to the sensor(>20 dollar part ) another fix that could be done with the little dollar tree pliers in the tool kit if you had too and was probably me ramming a stick in there.
And keep in mind I’ve buried this thing in mud flipped off of hill climbs run WOT all the time etc etc.

· Registered
26 Posts
I called Polaris today, they said they will begin shipping to dealers all parts needed to fix the issue on December 12th. Now I guess we just hope its mine/yours that gets them first. I've already had to cancel one planned trip but probably gonna miss my next one too
So far my dealer has been good with communicating and has repeatedly said the 3 or so new ones that are sold (mine included) and waiting to be picked up will be the first ones to be done. Fingers crossed that actually happens.

· Registered
11 Posts
12 December - I'll wait and see - With the large amount of Stop Rides Polaris has on various models and needs to step up and correct the problem. I see a lot of people living with this mess, as I am, however, I will not continue to finance this hot mess - get it right ! I'll get rid of this problem if Polaris cannot - Joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

· Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
16,248 Posts
I called Polaris today, they said they will begin shipping to dealers all parts needed to fix the issue on December 12th. Now I guess we just hope its mine/yours that gets them first. I've already had to cancel one planned trip but probably gonna miss my next one too
Font Line Window Pattern Screenshot
to the forum
Ball Gas Font Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting

· Registered
1 Posts
Ya they started shipping electrical tape ..the Fix.......

Dealership Next Steps:
Polaris has authorized your dealer to wrap the stator wires conduit with tape to secure the internal wires in place at no cost to you. This repair should take approximately 30 minutes. They have been instructed to repair your vehicle.
We apologize for this inconvenience and assure you that we are committed to customer satisfaction for riders to enjoy.
-Polaris Off-Road Vehicles

· Registered
26 Posts
Ya they started shipping electrical tape ..the Fix.......

Dealership Next Steps:
Polaris has authorized your dealer to wrap the stator wires conduit with tape to secure the internal wires in place at no cost to you. This repair should take approximately 30 minutes. They have been instructed to repair your vehicle.
We apologize for this inconvenience and assure you that we are committed to customer satisfaction for riders to enjoy.
-Polaris Off-Road Vehicles
Exactly..... This is what the dealer did, I didn't honestly didn't expect anything else. At least they know the exact cause. This could be a lot worse. I have had an open recall on my Ford truck for 10 months and they just sent me a 2nd notice about it, however in the notice they also say that no parts are available. So Polaris is doing better than Ford IMOP.

· Registered
11 Posts
12 December - I'll wait and see - With the large amount of Stop Rides Polaris has on various models and needs to step up and correct the problem. I see a lot of people living with this mess, as I am, however, I will not continue to finance this hot mess - get it right ! I'll get rid of this problem if Polaris cannot - Joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Up-date: I did get news Polaris has a fix and some dealers have already worked on machines - all dealers should get fix kits by 12 Dec - Good for Polaris and better for customers; we get our machines back!

· Registered
26 Posts
Did anyone just fix themselves and care to share a little DIY video?
The "fix" was just released a few days ago so I don't think anyone has because they may not know the specific location that needed repair. But I understand your point, personally if I had the ATV in my possession and knew what needed to be taped up I would just do it myself as well.

· Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
16,248 Posts
Reactions: DRitchie

· Registered
26 Posts
I just picked up a 23 570 Trail (which I had ordered earlier and it just came in) and the dealer said it was not in the recall, the fix is wrapping the conduit on the vertical frame member on the left side from the stator wire harness connector attached to the engine mount up to the conduit attachment zip tie on the frame member. A special anti abrasion fabric tape is used to secure the wires in the conduit so they can't contact the frame or brake line. Very easy fix but you should have the correct tape. My atv has the harness taped up. Just joined the forum to let you guys know, the dealer stock can not be sold until the update is done.

41 - 60 of 75 Posts