Polaris ATV Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I used to have an old 300 Fourtrax and regretfully sold it. Wish I had it back now. Anyway. Thanks for the info. Once “work mode” is selected, does it remain in “work mode” after the machine is shut down and restarted, or does it revert to normal mode?

·
Premium Member
2018 Sportsman XP 1000 63 1/2 wheelbase
819 Posts
Im currently on a 570 looking to purchase another quad for the fleet. I’d like to pick up an XP1000. I personally have no issue with the level of power this thing packs, but my 11 year old grandson likes to hop between all 3 of my quads. If I get this one how tame is “work mode”? I don’t mind that he rides it as long as he isn’t going to be all over the place in the rough stuff with too much power.
Work Mode is still pretty fast before I added a big tires, lot of weight and 63 1/2 wheelbase to my Sportsman xp 1000 it was about the same has my 2017 Kodak 700 EPS in a drag racing dead even with my son in law and have about and I weight is 50lb. more,on the Trails and I know for a factor that it will go over 53 mph because I have done it and it was still climbing.
And even now with all of weight gain I ride hard all day in work mode.
All of the riding videos of trail riding and hill climbs are all in work mode.

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
14,088 Posts
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Gadget Watch

Reactions: WillB

·
Premium Member
2018 Sportsman XP 1000 63 1/2 wheelbase
819 Posts
I word of caution when letting kids ride a 1000 thinking that work mode is safe because it not and even worse is that the switch is not a 100% because my Sportsman xp 1000 has gone in performance mode with the switch in work and stayed in performance mode till I flipped the switch back and forth.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I word of caution when letting kids ride a 1000 thinking that work mode is safe because it not and even worse is that the switch is not a 100% because my Sportsman xp 1000 has gone in performance mode with the switch in work and stayed in performance mode till I flipped the switch back and forth.
Definitely something worth considering. I haven't had that but I have seen it take a few seconds to settle into work mode once I switch. Even with work mode as an option I wouldn't want to let my 10 year old drive it outside of my sight. He's driven it with me sitting on the machine with him for about a half mile before but still not something I'd be comfortable with him doing outright on his own.

·
Super Moderator
15,885 Posts
Sounds like you need a new switch flyboy

21 - 34 of 34 Posts