Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting prepped for the Indian River ATV Club annual Spring Poker run. It is held on the Rviergat trail in Jefferson County NY. They charge an entry fee and collect donations for the local food bank. 50% of the money goes into the trail maintenance fund and 50% into the prize fund.

We don't have a lot of trail here in Jefferson County but we make the best of what we have. Should be a few hundred machines and a good time. Too bad the temps will be in the high thrities to low forties. I think I rode in a lons sleeve shirt last year. This year full winter gear.

I will hopefully have a bunch of photos to post tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Had an incredible day out Yesterday. I got to meet Phil from the forum here. We lost him when we went right and he went straight but he tells me he had a good day out anyway.
It was a cold morning here in NNY, 26 degrees when I got up, but we probably hit 50 degrees by midday. The sun was warm and the wind was down so it felt pretty nice. I kept my gloves off so I could work my camera, so I did keep the handgrips warm all day.
We made quite a few miles and my Polaris did an outstanding job. My tools came in handy as well as my medical skills. One guy dislocated a shoulder trying to get his machine out of a mud pit and we had to put that back in for him. He rode the rest of the day with no problems.
After we lost Phil I was the only Polaris in the group. We had a CanAm Outlander 400, a Honda Rancher 400, Honda Fourtrax 300, Yamaha BigBear 400, Yamaha Grizzly 650, and a Bombardier DS650. We managed to swamp the CanAM (There is no drain plug on the belt housing! How stupid.) The Fourtrax stripped it's shift lever. The Grizzly got stuck a few times. The Bombardier rider is the one with the shoulder problem. He got stuck a couple of times being only a 2WD machine. I did have to be winched out once but it was in a hole no-one else would even try. My winch got a workout on the CanAm and Grizzly. Sorry no photos of the actual winching as I had to be running the winch.

http://photobucket.com/IRATVClub_Spring2012

·
Premium Member
2,493 Posts
I did have a good day. Nice to meet up with you. I see from the pics, you found the trail I was talking about. I got some video but don't have a cables here to get them off the cam. I'll get them to morrow and post them up. Sorry I lost you - I'm sure my videos would be much more interesting if I had stayed with you.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Looks like a great time Kicker, minus reducing that shoulder :yikes:

Like the pic of those yami's throwing mud at each other. Nothing says hello like a face full of mud.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks BG. All in all that was one of my best rides ever. Varied terrain. good friends. Not too many stops like you will get with a large group. We had a great day. Even Dave, after his shoulder was back in socket, had a good time.

·
Premium Member
2,493 Posts

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for posting that Phil. Look forward to getting together again.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finally got a few more photos off a friends phone. This is the one time I got stuck so I was a little busy getting out so she was nice enough to take the photos for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts