Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple questions,i've been looking for some used tires, but my local dealer wants 25 bucks each to install and balance them , first do they need to be balanced and second does 25 bucks sound kinda steep to you guys, i mean it's probably like a half hour work and it's gonna cost me 100 bucks!!! I'm in canada by the way.

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
no, ATV tires do not need to be balanced, actually it is kinda pointless. first off, the tires dont really spin fast enought, second off your already offroad, so a slightly off-balanced wheel isnt going to be noticed, and finally, off road your going to get stuff like torn rubber lugs, mud packed into the tread, that kind of stuff that again would throw off balance. our shop is $15-$20 buck per tire but with two tire irons and some strenght and time you can do your own tires. i have reseated beads on a wheel (completely popped off of wheel) while still attached to the ATV even with nothing more then compressed air and two tire irons.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you for your quick reply, I might look into buying a small tire machine from princess auto, i think they are around 60 bucks, should pay for itself the first time i use it.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
my bead breaker is a 2"by 12" let the air out of the tire ,set the board close to the bead and rim and drive up the board,beads usually break first drive up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts