Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed some Rhino axles in the wife's 570 last night and it went very smooth. The only issue I have is it appears that the inner CV boot rubs the plastic axle guards.

Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Glad to hear it went easy...... I don't have either (570 or Rhino Axles), but could you remove the guard, slot the hole and reinstall the axle guard. Tighten it into a spot that didn't rub on the boot. Or could you apply slight heat to the guard and "tweak" it, so it didn't rub? Note: I'd do it off the machine, so you didn't melt the boot or cause a fire.

Just a couple thoughts.....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad to hear it went easy...... I don't have either (570 or Rhino Axles), but could you remove the guard, slot the hole and reinstall the axle guard. Tighten it into a spot that didn't rub on the boot. Or could you apply slight heat to the guard and "tweak" it, so it didn't rub? Note: I'd do it off the machine, so you didn't melt the boot or cause a fire.

Heating up the guard and tweaking it is definitely one of my thoughts. My other was too simply put some spacers (washers) between the guard and the A-arm. Mud and dirt always collect there anyway so maybe it would help...:nixweiss:

·
Registered
627 Posts

Heating up the guard and tweaking it is definitely one of my thoughts. My other was too simply put some spacers (washers) between the guard and the A-arm. Mud and dirt always collect there anyway so maybe it would help...:nixweiss:
Holy crap you're a genius I didn't even think of doing that, I HATE cleaning behind those things after mudding. Even a .25"-.50" of gap on those guards would help mud to fall through and not cake up there. Looks like a trip to the hardware store for some washers and little bolts will be in the works.

·
Registered
627 Posts
SS Chevy what problem are you talking about? I don't see anything wrong?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts