Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the Windshield might be the low one but we went for a ride when it was 40 degree's big help to keep the wind off of you and the hand guards they really work well to keep the hands warm
the look is still growing on me but I am starting to like it

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Looks good. I wondered how good the little windshield worked. Feel like an old guy riding with the giant one. Don't forget the heated grips and thumb next!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Looks good. I have a tall one on mine . Really make it nice on a cold day.
Like the sleds in the background.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
got the hand warmers and thumb already

·
Registered
72 Posts
look's great indy, i went with a tall l & r one for ice fishing, like how fast it can be put on and taken off and line's up with the powermadds like a glove, i like the look's of that little one also with the hand guards, it would be nice to have when the tall one wasn't needed, hand and thumb warmers were a great add on also...

Attachments

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
the Windshield might be the low one but we went for a ride when it was 40 degree's big help to keep the wind off of you and the hand guards they really work well to keep the hands warm
the look is still growing on me but I am starting to like it

I love the look of that. How tall are you? I am just 6', wonder how tall the wind will deflect? I don't like the tall windshields and i hate looking through scratched plastic. But I am liking that look.

I am going to add a set of Powermadd hand guards.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I have this exact setup on mine as well with hand and thumb warmer.Wore gloves last winter with no frozen pinky's.

Sent from my GT-S5690M using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Looks great..... I've got the same screen, but no hand guards. Love how it adds the "sporty" touch to the machine!!

Will, to answer your question about wind deflection..... consider this one as "just for looks". As it deflects the wind from your chest, but you still get it all in the face. I like it for protecting items mounted on the bars behind the shield (Cell Phone, GPS, ect.), and the wind to the chest/arm fatigue that causes at the end of the day. Note: I too am 6' tall.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Is the tint hard to see through? I am thinking of getting this too as next year my daughter will most likely be riding in front of me and I know it really sucked for my son, especially when it was really buggy out (he did have helmet and goggles, but hated the wind hitting him).

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
It is near impossiple to look through this LoPro Shield..... it's as good as solid black, it's smoked so dark!!

I found a Mid Height shield (on CL) for the wifes machine that was a bugger to see through when dusty or sunny (late afternoon or morning glare)..... ended up cutting it down about 3.5" so she could see over it much easier. Still a great wind block, and deflection wind goes over her head, but hits me in the forehead.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am 5' 10 and the shield has great coverage if you seat back and relax but trail riding hangin up by the tank it hit you in the face butt I wear a full face helmet so it don't matter but I have noticed riding around home I can wear my hat now without it blowing off with the windshield and no you can not see thru it, but really is just different at first you do not sse the rack in front anymore but the other day when it was cold and we where riding oh how great it was, I would switch with the bother in law with the scrambler and then it was cold on the body and hands and he also said what a big difference that shield makes, at first like I said ya maybe ya maybe not but now I love it it is staying on and whats great 10 seconds its off and 30 seconds its back on way cool

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is the tint hard to see through? I am thinking of getting this too as next year my daughter will most likely be riding in front of me and I know it really sucked for my son, especially when it was really buggy out (he did have helmet and goggles, but hated the wind hitting him).
you better get a low clear one a child sitting in front of you will see nothing it is black no see thru

·
Registered
35 Posts
We have the mid height lock and rides on both of our machines. Works great as the majority of the wind is deflected over our heads.
Mosse hunting last week and the windshield and hand/thumb warmers made everybody in our camp want to ride my bike

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so true so true
windshield hand guards and hand warmers

·
Registered
944 Posts
I don't like the tall windshields ad i hate looking through scratched plastic. But I am liking that look.

Well, fwiw, you're not supposed to look through the plastic. Windshield height should be below the line of vision on any machine, trail or street.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Thanks!! Learn something new everyday.

I don't like the tall windshields ad i hate looking through scratched plastic. But I am liking that look.

Well, fwiw, you're not supposed to look through the plastic. Windshield height should be below the line of vision on any machine, trail or street.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I look thru the windshield in my car I look thru the windshield of my motor cycle I look thru the well enough said

·
Registered
944 Posts
Uh, well, FYI the windshield in your car is glass, sooooo it's much clearer, easier to see thru and unless it's a convertible, there's no way to look over the windshield, so.......

Plus, on a car, one needs to keep out the rain, snow, cold, so......

On a bike, atv, etc there's no need for this. Plus it's windshield is plastic which distorts light esp. headlights making nighttime visibility precarious, scratched plastic is even worse, very unsafe, so.......

When a bike/atv windshield's height is adjusted just below the line of sight it still shields you perfectly from the wind but does not sacrifice vision quality. Good juju.

Reminds me of my neighbor, a hardcore road rider and a true dumb azz. He has his bike's windshield set high and then complains about it's very poor visibility. He complains he can't ride it at night due to this poor visibility problem. He also " runs " straight gas in his weed whackers and has ruined 15 of them in the last 10 years. You'ld think the toopid flooker would at least read the owner's manual on these $200 WW, but no. I tried to explain it to him, but " he one dumb duck. "

Anyone can look through their windshield if they desire. It's just not necessary nor does it provide the best visibility.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
sunglasses are plastic do you wear them below your eyes

·
Registered
944 Posts
sunglasses are plastic do you wear them below your eyes
Uh, well, FYI they would not block out the sun that way !

But seriously Indy, if you're looking through your road bike's windshield. I guarantee you that if you adjust it's height, you will improve your visibility/safety immensely and you will not experience wind issues.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts