Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an '09 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO that has the standard factory plastic front end grill. I can tell there is a square area in the grill just ahead of and above the radiator that I assume comes off in order to place a winch into that space, but I haven't taken it off or tried to see what's behind it.

With the machine I bought, it came with a NIB Badlands 3000lb winch. It would completely surprise me if this is a simple drop in and bolt down install, is there a mounting plate or what all will I need to put this winch in ?

Thanks in advance !!!!

·
Registered
255 Posts
On my '08 Model T, and it may be the same on yours, I was able to purchase a replacement Polaris front cover that already had the cutout for the winch. It just snapped in place of the other one and helped cover up the winch. I don't know if it would work for a non OEM winch. I did have to also purchase the small oval Polaris sticker that goes into the oval recess in the plastic. I believe you can also cut out the original plastic cover following lines marked on the back side. It was easier to just snap the new plate in place and be done with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts