Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just noticed today that my 94 polaris sport 400l is missing the foot brake which controls the rear brake. so as of now i only have front brakes. my question is i am planning on getting the parts to re-install the foot brake so i can use the rear brakes and im not sure how it works. is the foot pedal hooked up to the rear brake line? does it need another master cylinder for the foot brake? any information at all, pictures or anything about how the pedal is installed and how it works and what all i need to reinstall

·
Registered
421 Posts
im not shure on that old of a yr. but my 2000 sportsman had a resivor for the foot brake under the seat. the master cylinder was right behind the foot brake. and they had a hose that whent to the rear brake caliper. the hand brake and the foor braker had there own lines and oil fills.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Are you sure its missing, my 9x (not sure of year yet) 300 2x4 the front and rear are linked and actuated by the lever on the bars.
There is a foot/emergency brake on the floorboard.

If it doubt, lock the brakes and open the rear bleeder and see if has pressure, or just juck up the rear and try turning the wheels.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Do you still have the rear caliper or is it just the pedal Missing? If it is just the pedal missing you will still have rear brakes. When you pull your brake lever it's a 60/40 split front to rear. You have a brake line that runs to the rear caliper. The pedal is for manual use of the rear only.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Stopped up Brake Lines

I have 93 350L with all four brake lines stopped up tight. Is there a recognized way to get them cleared?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts