Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I was quoted $ 704.00 plus installation for a set of Bighorns for my XP 850 at my local ATV shop. I know I can get a better deal online but my question is, where can I get them installed ? Many shops don't like to install tires not purchased in their shop. Any suggestions.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Any Discount Tire shops in your area for just mounting your tires on your existing wheels?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks everyone, looks like tires from Rocky Mountain and install at Discount Tire are in the near future. Also clutch kit from Ridinagain.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Carl you could mount them yourself if you want. I bought the Harbor Freight tire changer and have used it many times for ATV tires. It works pretty damn easy if you mount the jig to a pallet.

Portable Tire Changer

There is a youtube clip of a guy doing a car tire with it that shows just how simple it is.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I second this! I have the same tire changer and have mounted a few sets of tires. Really easy once you get the hang of it.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Have you asked your local shop ? I know a lot will not mount tires bought elsewhere, but many will. My local shop charges $50 for the set if bought elsewhere.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I had non selling dealer on aluminium wheels. Dismount oem tires and install my bighorn 2.0s for $40.00.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Thanks everyone, looks like tires from Rocky Mountain and install at Discount Tire are in the near future. Also clutch kit from Ridinagain.
First, another Nevadian woot!

Second, I just got my Pitbull Growlers install and spin balanced for 16$ a piece at Discount Tire, very happy with that. The one I go to is in Aliante so pretty far drive for you :chairfall:

Third, Ridin' will hook you up with a good combo for a QSC kit - perfect timing too since you'll be able to account for the new horns! If ya need help with the install let me know, I have the primary puller and secondary compression tool as long as its an '11+ model.

Edit: just saw your sig block, so yeah, I have the stuff you'd need for the change out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts