Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have three units - two quads and a side x side.

2010 Polaris Sportsman 800
2014 Polaris Sportsman 570
2014 Polaris RZR 570

What do you run for insurance? Comprehensive or All Perils?

The 2014 are new and I am updating my insurance. On my 2010 all I ever had was 1 Mil Liability and Comprehensive $500 Deductible. Now that I have three units I am thinking of doing this 1 Mil Liability, All Perils, Replacement Cost on the 2014 and going with $1000 deductible. This will take my insurance premium to $898.00 per year. Do you guys insure your units heavily or basic?

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
I don't bother. Anyone who rides 'em has to sign a release form.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I run full coverage with a $500 deductible on my Scrambler and its a little under $550 for the year. There is a good bit of atv theft in my area so it drives the price of insurance up.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I added mine to my homeowner's policy. Full coverage with $500 deductible cost's a little under $10 a month.

Kris

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have full coverage through progressive on my 2014 sportsman 570 and it was $250 for the year. I don't know if I'd have it if I didn't have a loan on it though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I added mine to my homeowner's policy. Full coverage with $500 deductible cost's a little under $10 a month.

Kris
They don't allow us to do that here. In fact there is only one company here in SK that will insure ATV's (At least that is what I am being told by my broker).

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I have full coverage through progressive on my 2014 sportsman 570 and it was $250 for the year. I don't know if I'd have it if I didn't have a loan on it though.
Thats not a bad price really. my 850 was over 10K new. and well, if something were to go wrong on the trail and it got destroyed, it would be well worth the investment for atleast the first 5-6 years.

Thats my opinion anyways. i have progressive for my car and home, so i will look into this for the ATV now.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I insure all of my ATVs, ever since my dad rolled one down a mountainside. Near total loss - I kept the wheels/tires, and sold some of the remaining parts. But we lost about $3500 in that scenario.

I get a multi-vehicle discount from Allstate, and another discount for multiple policies with them, and another for passing the ATV safety course. My discounts are nearly 3x my premium. Premium was at $306/yr with 4 vehicles. I've since dropped the Brute Force 650 (sold it), and it went down by about $35/yr.

The "good rider" discount is for sending them a copy of my completion card for an ATV Safety Course years ago when I bought my first Kawasaki ATV.
"Bodily Injury" means injuries that I might inflict on someone else in an at-fault accident.
"Property Damage" means stuff that I might do to other people's stuff in an at-fault accident.
"Medical Payments" is the part that covers medical stuff for me, regardless of fault. $10K might be a little low - but hey, Obamacare will cover the rest. Right?

This policy also covers damage to a trailer I am transporting the ATVs with.

Attachments

·
Registered
454 Posts
I insure all of my stuff with all perils policies. Think my 850 Touring policy was under $200 for a $500 deductible. I think that I'm actually overpaying because it is stored at my lake house with a cheaper zip code than my house.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have a loan on my 14 800 so I have to have full coverage. I have a $1000 deductible thru State Farm. Its like $160 a yr I think. When my loan is paid off in 3 yrs or less, ill probably shut it off.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Full coverage on both. Used 1 time and they waived the deductible if I didn't make them put all new plastic on it. Paid out 1500$ to dealer. For a couple hundred bucks a year, its with it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I went and insured my 570 this morning with State Farm 198.00 a year full coverage 500.00 deductible.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Allstate Insurance for me. $105 a year for full coverage, deductible is $200. I have gap insurance through the credit union I financed through.

I don't have another $10k laying around waiting to buy another quad... I run full coverage on everything I own.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I used progressive....not really sure why because i have my home and autos through concord. I guess because it was cheap and easy to do online. $151 a year for full coverage with $250 deductables. Its worth it to me at least on a new machine.

·
Registered
450 Posts
If you can get it USAA is awesome and great to work with.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
USAA raised my premiums by $80 a month in January. No wrecks, no tickets, no additional vehicles... I called to ask them and they said that it was a general rate increase for Alaska.

Asked them why I would stay insured with a company that raises my premiums when I don't do anything wrong... They didn't give me a good enough answer. I called the local Allstate agent and switched that day.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Full coverage for about 190 a year. The xp is about 50 more per year than my 12 brute was

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
[Allstate]

I'd have to look at coverage on 700 but my 550 is around $180/year for a 300K/100K policy with $500 deductible full coverage policy.

I also keep a $1M/each occurrence umbrella policy which only costs about $255/year

1 - 20 of 30 Posts