Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I finally found the schematic that showed the vent lines. After I was done with them. Would have been much easier done before we installed the carb.

Is there a page that I can view the parts schematics in full page mode and or pics of assembling a 2001 Sportsman 500 model A01CH50AA ?

Especailly on the tablet, it is hard to get the pics big enough to see everything.

Is there anything that goes on the front of the fuel tank on the 2 stubs that stick out?

Are next trick is to install the exhaust.

It kind of sucks putting something back together about which you have no clue. The parts schematics help. The Clymers book has some pics that help.

I still haven't figured out how to route the hose on the right side, that goes from the air box to the front of the machine. There is another hunk of 3/8" fuel line - about 3' long - in a box that I have yet to find a spot for.

I can't go by anything that was done previously. I've found a lot of wrong. Such as the recoil assembly messed up and the inner washers on the driven clutch, not being there at all.

So even if I can figure out how things were, there's a good posibility they were wrong
Thanks for all the help

·
9,872 Posts
Don't have a clue. Nothing like that is original to a Sportsman atv that I'm aware of. If the one is a push button on/off it could have been added for lights or start or something.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
We had kind of come to that conclusion. After an hour or so of looking. Thanks for the confirmation.

I will ignore them forever if possible.

·
Premium Member
1,382 Posts
Was there a horn added?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
At the fuel tank now. Is there supposed to be anything where the front tabs on the fuel tank go? Anything around them other than bare frame?

Where all does the foam go? I looked at a few pics of used tanks and most ofvthe foam was removed. I did not see a separate part or even reference to the foam in the schematic. Other than a piece to wrap around the fill neck. Watched avlittle Utube and still never saw the foam.

I spend more time trying to figure stuff out than I do actually working on the thing

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Does the foam wrap allthe way around the tank, the same on both sides?

It looked in one picture like there was supposed to be a piece of foam around the fill neck also. I found no reference to the foam in the manual.

I can kind of tell where the foam might have been on 1 side of the tank.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I've seen that. It doesn't show the piece of foam at the front of the seat or where the foam in the schematic actually goes.

I had foam on one side and the top of my tank. To me it lookies like the foam pictured would wrap around the outer ring of the fill neck.

I have 1" & 2" x 1" low density foam here. Just not sure where to put it

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
There is. a piece of foam in front of the air filtervand behind the fuel tank. I found one in a utube video, but haven't found it in the schematics yet. There is also some foam stuck the fuel tank. It doesn't show in the fuel tank schematic. My guess, is there is no part number for the foam as it probably comes adhered to the fuel tank when new

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Part 8 is the foam piece behind the tank I was looking for. I can't guess how many times I looked at that page and though it was something on the end of that pipe. Still looking for how the foam on the fuel tank is supposed to be.

·
9,872 Posts
That piece of foam just sticks on the side of the tank with adhesive and wraps up onto the top as a pad to keep the clutch outlet duct #19 and the tank cover plastic from vibrating against the tank making noise. There should be a trace of the adhesive on the tank showing where it was before. Its not really critical just noise dampening. Same thing with #8 in the picture above... Keeps the plastic clutch intake duct and air inlet duct parts from vibrating against each other and the tank.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts