Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Sportsman 800 that I would like to change the color on. What year and models can I swap plastics from? Will the 500 plastics fit?

·
Registered
422 Posts
500 plastic will fit

·
Registered
27 Posts
Where is the best place to get plastics?

TIA

·
Registered
114 Posts
With some decent prep work and the proper paint you can make your plastics any color you want. It is a fun project to tackle and I would do it again

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With some decent prep work and the proper paint you can make your plastics any color you want. It is a fun project to tackle and I would do it again
I suppose I could but I am not convinced of the paint durablity. I think I will get new plastics and sell my old ones to offset the cost.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I understand being hesitant to try painting the plastics but mine were getting pretty scuffed up from branches and didn't clean up and look good so I painted mine. I have been pleased with durability so far and maybe in a year or two I will change the color again. I considered replacement plastics but it was worth a shot to paint first and I am very pleased with it. With good prep there is no reason that you can't get a good quality and durable finish.
Good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts