Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did some research on these & WOW, a lot of mixed reviews! Some say they suck in mud while others say their awesome in mud, some say they wear like "iron" & some say they wear fast! After reading the negative reviews I was a bit skeptical so I did some research on about six different tires & low & behold, I ended up with the same results, some people love them & some people hated them, lol!
Out of all the reviews the Big Horns had the most consistency on the positive side but they only have 3/4" lug height & sell for just shy of $1000 with taxes inn here in rip off Canada!!!
For $350 less I opted to give the Reptiles a try! Just put them on the bike, never had the chance to try them out but if it is any consolation, they have a unique design & look pretty damn good!
Will post more results after I log on some mileage.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
I look forward to your review. I rode my friends 500HO with them, I love them. Will be getting a set eventually.

Just be careful if you ride on your lawn, they will tear it up!!

If plowing once the tires warm up, the traction is crazy!!

What size did you get?

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I look forward to your review. I rode my friends 500HO with them, I love them. Will be getting a set eventually.

Just be careful if you ride on your lawn, they will tear it up!!

If plowing once the tires warm up, the traction is crazy!!

What size did you get?

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.
I stuck with the stock wheels as I liked the aluminum with black so the only available size for a 14" rim is 27"x9"x14" & 27"x11"x14". They run a tad short, with 3.5lbs of air, they stand @ 26 1/2". Not enough to be an issue though.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
In for your review! i will be buying tires eitehr this week or in the spring, someone may be buying my stock maxxis tires this week so i will have to do it quick, otherwise im going to be researching till spring!

Good luck with them!

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
I stuck with the stock wheels as I liked the aluminum with black so the only available size for a 14" rim is 27"x9"x14" & 27"x11"x14". They run a tad short, with 3.5lbs of air, they stand @ 26 1/2". Not enough to be an issue though.
Thanks. I have priced out 26's for mine, gonna run them!!

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A buddy of mine used to run Mud lites then he switched to these & said he liked them way better!! I wanted to go with the Mud lite radials because I thought they were an awesome tire but like the Big horn radials, fricken expensive!!! Can buy nice truck tires for what they are asking for them, lol!!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am on it....almost, lol! Haven't had any time to try them out yet as I have been too busy! Going to try....WILL make time to try them out this weekend, lol!!!! :veryhappy:

·
Registered
27 Posts
As with me I'm stuck between the Bighorns and Reptiles. Do alot of trail riding and pavment. Also plow and hit some not deep mud. I want a tire that looks good but isnt all show no go. Its needs to last too. One thing leading me to the reptiles is 27". Do anyone plow with big horns and can test to how long they last? Rio can you post a picture so we can see the new shoes?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As with me I'm stuck between the Bighorns and Reptiles. Do alot of trail riding and pavment. Also plow and hit some not deep mud. I want a tire that looks good but isnt all show no go. Its needs to last too. One thing leading me to the reptiles is 27". Do anyone plow with big horns and can test to how long they last? Rio can you post a picture so we can see the new shoes?
Ok, I will take some pics & try to figure out how to post them tonight, lol

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Trying to post pics with my phone, hopefully this works,lol! Although I read many good things about the bighorns I opted to try the reptiles because they have a little more lug height ( one inch opposed to 3/4"), they were way cheaper & I wanted something different as these have a unique tread pattern & look awesome.

Attachments

·
Registered
993 Posts
That's just crazy that things cost so much more up there. I have run the bighorns on my outlander 800 and logged 3200 miles of mixed riding on them and they are only half wore out now. So of coarse I bought a set of 26" for the new 850xp and love them so far. Hope you like your choice as much as I do mine. For what it's worth I only paid $575 to my door for my bighorns on my 850xp. Hell I only paid $699 to my door for ITP rims and 25"X12 bighorns for my outlander.

·
Registered
27 Posts
That's just crazy that things cost so much more up there. I have run the bighorns on my outlander 800 and logged 3200 miles of mixed riding on them and they are only half wore out now. So of coarse I bought a set of 26" for the new 850xp and love them so far. Hope you like your choice as much as I do mine. For what it's worth I only paid $575 to my door for my bighorns on my 850xp. Hell I only paid $699 to my door for ITP rims and 25"X12 bighorns for my outlander.
Remember where you got them from?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Trying to post pics with my phone, hopefully this works,lol! Although I read many good things about the bighorns I opted to try the reptiles because they have a little more lug height ( one inch opposed to 3/4"), they were way cheaper & I wanted something different as these have a unique tread pattern & look awesome.
So super Sexy

·
Registered
993 Posts
Remember where you got them from?
The ones for my outlander I ordered off ebay as a set, the ones I have on my 850xp were from Rocky Mountain ATV by far the cheapest I've found anywhere.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
With taxes in, the Bighorns would have cost me $1000 here in over priced Canada!! The Reptiles were $300 less.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
With taxes in, the Bighorns would have cost me $1000 here in over priced Canada!! The Reptiles were $300 less.
After riding my friends quad with Reptiles, there is no way I would buy big horns, grossly overpriced.

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yes indeed, we order anything from our great neighbors to the south and we get hammered price wise. Customs fees, taxes, secondary distributors, etc. all add up pretty bad. Google Royal Distributing and check their prices. I bounced through their web page and they have both the Reptiles and Bighorns on their web catalogs. Free shipping and the prices with tax were cheaper than your estimates above. Plus they have big show rooms around the province. Motovan is another big distributor my local dealer showed me. They have tons of stuff, but pricing is sketchy. Hope it helps.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts