Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a 3500lb winch...but it is interesting watch. Kind of makes the point that 2500 lbs should be enough for an ATV. Fast forward to about 4 minutes in.

Sean

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I wish I had a suitable rafter in my garage like that or a tree that would work:(...it would make working on the bottom and cleaning it out easy!

However, pulling a 1200lb SxS up in the air is nothing compared to being buried in peanut butter mud. Ever walked in mud with boots on and almost lose the boot? I have a 3500lb Superwinch Terra and have been in a few spots where it would not pull me out without a snatchblock (I was in deep ruts coming out of a creek crossing and the front wheels were wedged against a vertical 3 foot rut..couldnt back out and surely couldnt go forward). I have also seen a stuck quad need 3 winches on it to get out.....

If a guy doesnt get into situations like that or do mud, then a 2500lb would work well, but a winch is not something I would try and save a few bucks on (because when you need it, you tend to REALLY need it).

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I had a 07 honda Rubicon with a 1500# winch and was in plenty of deep sticky gumbo and never had an issue of not enough winch.

Now I have a 2500# on my 850xp.

S3

1 - 3 of 3 Posts