Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 polaris xplorer 250. had this machine about 2 ysr. last summer out of the blue i hopped on her on a weekend fishing trip and the battery was dead. i swapped the battery with the one in the other machine my buddy was driving and she was fine for the rest of the weekend. i took her out a few weeks ago for a night time ride on the ski mt across the rd and then the next day, battery was about dead. after charging, tested battery at around 12.50 w engine off then tested my volts w the atv running at 3000 rpms and it read around 13.50 or in that range so i thought stator was good. tested w the engine running a few days later and the voltage was the same running or not running, around 12.5. im guessing its a ground issue thats causing the intermitant charging but im not sure where to check. i cleaned the leads to the battery and the chasis ground is good and tight. have any of you had this intermitant charging issue and if so, how did you address it?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if the v/r was bad wouldent my lights be blowing? i did notice when i cleaned all the connections on v/r it was slightly disfigured like a dead battery that froze. i also sanded down the metal on v/r and sanded frame right down to the metal where it mounts on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts