Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! Just signed up. Recently purchased a 2017 570 from someone locally. Looking forward to riding my own instead of always borrowing my friend's. :p

A couple questions:

This quad came with large wheels and tires (14" wheels w/ 27x9-14 Interco Sniper 920s). They look nice, but do I need to consider a clutch kit for only a 2" bump? I'm not an aggressive rider by any means, just not sure about stability issues or premature wear.

He upgraded the battery, but I don't recall seeing the battery protector when I was looking over it. Might have not fit with the new battery. Is there a consensus on "the battery is fine" vs. "relocate it" for modest trail riding?

I'm already a bigger dude (330lbs). With the taller wheels and higher center of gravity, you have any concerns about putting one of the storage/seat back units and hauling my son (130lbs)? I'd hate to have it roll back going up a hill or something. And are they annoying when you're riding single or do people keep them on for the storage?

Thanks for the advice and the welcome! Looking forward to learning more!

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
10,501 Posts
Font Line Window Pattern Automotive exterior
to the forum
Ball Automotive lighting Vehicle registration plate Font Gas

·
Premium Member
2004 Sportsman 700, 2004 Scrambler 500, Various Others.
1,073 Posts
Clutch kit isn’t needed for 2” taller tires, although that as well as some heavy duty springs could be useful for carrying a passenger.

Reactions: zipper77

·
Premium Member
13,727 Posts
Def look into Highlifters HD springs for all 4-corners. I would not ride with your son 2-up on a 1-up. QSC clutch kit would be a good investment all things considered BUT if you are diligent about using "L" you should far well!!! I think the batter is in the perfect place. I have a canned ham with the bat under the seat SO WHAT. My Sporty 800 has it under the left fender subsequently that is where Quad Logic relocate kit relocates the bat for the 570, SO WHAT. I like the bat where it is on the 570 because it is up front down low and that keeps the center of gravity low and helps holt down the front end. When you can out climb SxSs well the proof is in the..................................................

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the thoughts everyone! I didn't realize until reading a but more that the X2 and touring 2-up models were longer. I assumed they had just bolted a back seat to the exact same frame, which is why I thought 2-up should be ok. Now I know and will probably stick to single.

·
Registered
15,819 Posts
Thanks for the thoughts everyone! I didn't realize until reading a but more that the X2 and touring 2-up models were longer. I assumed they had just bolted a back seat to the exact same frame, which is why I thought 2-up should be ok. Now I know and will probably stick to single.
OMG - you did the research and found that it is not wise to ride a passenger on a vehicle designed for a single occupant - not many people do that and ride 2 up regardless and eventually there is one less body to occupy space on the surface of this planet.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
If the previous owner didn't upgrade the springs, you should. Highlifter or EPI HD are what you need.

Should be fine without a clutch kit. If you want/need a bit more torque, get one

Everyone here yells at folks for putting a 2up seat on a 1up machine. But, it happens every day.

A light bar and storage are the 2 things i don't want to ride without.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If the previous owner didn't upgrade the springs, you should. Highlifter or EPI HD are what you need.

Should be fine without a clutch kit. If you want/need a bit more torque, get one

Everyone here yells at folks for putting a 2up seat on a 1up machine. But, it happens every day.

A light bar and storage are the 2 things i don't want to ride without.

I've just started looking at storage. Any suggestions or concensus from the community. I didn't like the large aluminum boxes, and I'd like something lightweight and semi-waterproof. Maybe something like this?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I've just started looking at storage. Any suggestions or concensus from the community. I didn't like the large aluminum boxes, and I'd like something lightweight and semi-waterproof. Maybe something like this?
I really like Ogio bags but, they don't make them anymore except for some specific ones for Can AM

I went with the Polaris plastic box. Looks good, works good. Just expensive

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just an update on that bag in the Amazon link I posted earlier, I bought it and returned it. You had to shove in some plastic sheet to support the small side bags and they didn't fit at all. Plus one of the clips broke in the inner support hardware while trying to put it together. I just got pissed off after messing with it for an hour and returned it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts