Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm in the market for a 1000, not sure if I should go with a Gade or a Scrambler. I had a 800 Gade previously and had no gripes. I would really like to have selectable 2WD but I can't find anywhere if it's available on the Scramble.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
you can switch from 2wd to awd with the flick of a switch.In my opinion, The AWD is much much better than the visco lock on your gade.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man that helps, well doesn't help with my decision :) but puts the Scrambler back on the list. Yeah I wasn't to big of a fan of the visco lock. So the AWD on the Scrambler is better? Any delay in it's engagement? Do you know if it will lock all 4 wheels?

·
Registered
815 Posts
Polaris AWD is by far the best. You wont be able to notice slip before it engages. And the diff lock is automatic and locks much faster and stronger than the visco system.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys!
I"m now approved for financing and ready to pull the trigger on one of them. Getting a better price on the Renegade (Xxc) by about $700 so it's making the decision difficult. I haven't found any deals on the Scrambler or any dealers around that have one.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Thanks guys!
I"m now approved for financing and ready to pull the trigger on one of them. Getting a better price on the Renegade (Xxc) by about $700 so it's making the decision difficult. I haven't found any deals on the Scrambler or any dealers around that have one.
One thing I didn't like about the Rene is they're so wide. It's like sitting astride a barrel. Both great machines tho.

If the function of the 4wd is a big factor for you then definitely get the Scrammy. There's video on you tube of how the visco lock Rene will take too long to engage then kick the machine sideways when only one front wheel grabs making it very difficult or even tipping the atv over cuz it went sideways and fell over a slope.

There's another vid somewhere on YT where the viscolock keeps screwing around and then grabs one front wheel kicking the atv sideways and rolling over on the rider as it falls over a small drop.

Does Polaris have any rebates on the Scrammy right now ? Check their website.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Problem is the Rene has been around a while, where the Newly released Scrammy 1000, is in such a dmeand that they dont need to offer a rebate to sell them yet. if you can hold out a couple months you may have better luck. im sure a dealer wont try and price match, unless your comparing both 1000cc Models

the XP chassis is absolutely amazing, and i think you will like it better than the Rene, but then again, everyone is different. you ned to find what you like and run with it. its your money and no one elses!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Problem is the Rene has been around a while, where the Newly released Scrammy 1000, is in such a dmeand that they dont need to offer a rebate to sell them yet. if you can hold out a couple months you may have better luck. im sure a dealer wont try and price match, unless your comparing both 1000cc Models

the XP chassis is absolutely amazing, and i think you will like it better than the Rene, but then again, everyone is different. you ned to find what you like and run with it. its your money and no one elses!
I got 500 bucks off and a lock and ride bag thrown in on my new Scrammy 1000...I think you should get the rene....then get smoked by a scrambler and I'll buy your rene on the cheap for my son:fest06:

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
^^^lol^^^

I test rode a Outlander 1000 xt-p and the Scrambler 1000...and needless to say the scrambler is in my avatar now. And I think they could easily swing $500 off, most dealers wont let you walk away over $500.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I found one locally, gonna go look at it tonight and see how I like it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys!
One thing I didn't like about the Rene is they're so wide. It's like sitting astride a barrel. Both great machines tho.

If the function of the 4wd is a big factor for you then definitely get the Scrammy. There's video on you tube of how the visco lock Rene will take too long to engage then kick the machine sideways when only one front wheel grabs making it very difficult or even tipping the atv over cuz it went sideways and fell over a slope.

There's another vid somewhere on YT where the viscolock keeps screwing around and then grabs one front wheel kicking the atv sideways and rolling over on the rider as it falls over a small drop.

Thanks for the vids, that helped me make a decision :)

·
Registered
388 Posts
thanks fly...kids quad price just went UP!!! LOL

Just messing 93...tell us what you think and good luck with whatever you get

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Thanks guys!

It is worth mentioning that they do have a newer visco lok qe which engages a little faster. To me, the Polaris AWD system is still a good bit better.

I hate repeating what salesman say, but I knew the the older Polaris AWD system was set up to where when one of the back wheels slipped 1/5th of a rotation it would lock the front. The guy going over my Scrambler with me told me the new models (I'm guessing 2014s) have a faster acting diff requiring only 1/8th of a rotation...I dont know if I believe this because there is nothing mentioned in the specs about a faster acting front diff. :nixweiss:

·
Registered
815 Posts
my 14 570 has a much faster acting front. Almost no slip even on ice from a stop. put the back tires on ice and front on a rock/log/hill and it spins maybe 1/10 rotation. If its still icy today I'll make a quick video.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Yeah I think the new visco lock has a quick engagement. But you have to pay extra or get the XT and up models to get it.

Pretty sad a $6000 Polaris 400ho has a better 4wd system than a $15000 outlander 1000xtp (canadian prices)

·
Banned
2,959 Posts
Thanks man that helps, well doesn't help with my decision :) but puts the Scrambler back on the list. Yeah I wasn't to big of a fan of the visco lock. So the AWD on the Scrambler is better? Any delay in it's engagement? Do you know if it will lock all 4 wheels?
the newer Can Ams that have power steering have the Visco Lock QE (quick engaging). Locks much faster than the old Visco Lock.
My 1000 will lock all 4 very quickly. Never once have I noticed 3 wheel drive.

·
Registered
944 Posts
my 14 570 has a much faster acting front. Almost no slip even on ice from a stop. put the back tires on ice and front on a rock/log/hill and it spins maybe 1/10 rotation. If its still icy today I'll make a quick video.
Sounds right. Pretty sure I read in one of Polaris's statements or vids that the new awd does react even faster.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
that's cool

1 - 20 of 41 Posts