Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that lots of people are using the big gun exhaust system and seem to be very happy with it. I have a 2008HO and I emailed big gun to ask about jetting my carb after the install. (I'll need to look back at the email but it does need a new jet) Just recently I have been doing some more reading up on it and I see that you can use a spark arrester and a " noise reduction" that comes with the exhaust setup. Using the spark arrester and "noise reduction" they "big gun" say that I will not need to re jet but I will need to adjust my carb. Here is my thoughts on that. When I go riding and messing around with buddy's on the weekends I would love to have the full exhaust system purely for the sound and fun and I am willing to pay for that, then coming hunting season I can switch back to stock. I am just wondering if there is anyone out there with a 500HO with the full big gun system using the spark arrester and "noise reduction" and what if any adjustments they had to do??!

Thanks all

·
Registered
16 Posts
You will gain nothing with a big gunn other than a loud pipe, which is what you are looking for.

When my son raced motox, the bike had less power out of the turns and on the straights with a big gun. Not to mention it would not pass sound check. The stocker pulled better.

Bolted on a Pro Circuit pipe, and it was worlds better.

Not sure of the ATV version, but I expect it to be the same. Loud and no gains...

Just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea not really looking for power gains out of it, I know the exhaust won't do much if anything for power and I'm okay with that. Mostly just for looks and sound....

·
Registered
294 Posts
They sounds great. No power gains as said before. Mine on my 850 basically fell apart right away. Dented to hell when I got it. Paint was burnt off within 4 rides. Bolts need to be loctited for sure.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I have the eco slip on with spark arrestor and vortex 2 quiet core. It sounds awesome and still a little louder that stock. Problem is, it is not well made. I have leaks all over the place. It's never been under water. I can't see it lasting a year.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey Kroeger, not to necro a thread but I just finished installing a big gun full system exhaust on my 13HO today. First thing I will tell you is that it needs alot of massaging to fit well. We had a clearance issue with the right rear coil spring and the exhaust until we brought out the rubber hammer and vice grips. Nothing too major, just a PITA. I didnt get to take it for a really good ride yet (fractured my wrist on tuesday), so I cant say much for performance. However I can say it is STUPIDLY LOUD. Maybe Im just not used to an exhaust like this, but for comparison my Honda Superhawk with Two Brothers full exhaust system has got nothing on the sound this thing makes.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea thats what i hear, do you have the quiet core installed too? and did you do the full evo exhaust? i want to do an exhaust system for my quad but it seems that no one is really happy with what they have.... so im stumped..

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yea ive got the full exhaust. Havent put the quiet core in yet, but I dont see it doing a whole lot to muffle sound. Im keeping my stock exhaust around so I can put it back on come hunting season. Overall Im pretty happy with it, well see how the machine performs later after my wrist heals. My biggest complaint is fitment. They could have done a touch better, but its nothing a rubber hammer and an hour cant fix. Either way the price was right, $330 Canadian shipped to my door from Ebay for a brand new kit.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Half the guys you talk to say they noticed a gain and the other half say they didn't so it's hard to know who to believe, but no one has any concrete evidence to support their claim. I just purchased a new big gun evo for my new 2014 850 XP strictly because of the cheap price so I'll be posting after I get it all installed. I did see on another forum where a guy put his quad on a dyno and did a before and after and he gained from an exhaust and a air filter so you never know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts