Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seen an ad on LA sportsman for a 2003 Polaris trail boss 330 for sale for $1200. They say nothing is wrong with it, that it was at the house they recently bought. Is this a good buy assuming nothing is wrong with it? Does anybody have any experience with this year make and model...good and bad?

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
75 Posts
I just sold my 2000 Trailboss 325 for a grand. I had it for four or five years. I did have to rebuild the carb and replace brake pads but other than general maintenance it was a strong running little wheeler. I would say its a fair price if its in good shape.

·
Registered
526 Posts
That is a good engine but they run 70-90 PSI oil pressure (pushes the motor oil through the cooler) and from time to time blow oil lines and pump all the motor oil out which can trash the lower end very fast. We bought a 2002 Magnum for $500 that has an engine that will still idle but will knock and die if given gas but it is new like under the plastic because it has never been in the mud and trail ridden but was used on a chicken farm. We would not have paid $500 if we did not know the guy and had at the time a running 2000-2002 325 Magnum that just lost compression.

I really wonder why someone would move off and leave a good running relative new ATV?

I would offer $500 less than I wanted to have in it in case it needed something more major than a tune up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts