Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2010 Sportsman 800 from a friend with 118hrs/1200 miles on it. He claims it has EBS and always worked. The clutch cover does not say EBS but reading through the forums and watching Youtube videos some people say they have EBS even though they don't have the sticker. I can spin the one way clutch/bearing both directions on the drive clutch. I figured it was broken until I read that if you blip the throttle on a non EBS to match the RPM it will act like it has EBS. Mine does slow down some when I blip the throttle downhill. I'm leaning towards that I just don't have it. Is there a specific part to look for on the clutches that would tell me if i have EBS or not?

I have a 2006 sportsman 700 twin that has EBS so I do know what it feels like if it were working.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
It may of been an option on the 800. It was on the 500 /400 in 2010.

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The repair manual I have says 2007 and newer EBS was an option. I guess I am not sure if the "one way bearing" I am spinning is actually a bearing or just a spacer. The diagrams for both look very similar. The EBS just has rollers inside of the spacer to make it a bearing. So from the outside I do not know if it is a bearing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts