Throttle position sticks
belt breather position horrible
E.C.M. failure
heat problems
Steering bearing failure
Belt failure
no actual test ports on fuel rail
M.A.F. dives when it feels like.
transmissions' chunk out like a Nissan C.V.T.
Corporate doesn't own up to warranties and time lost on expensive machines.
I find warranty and time lost complaints all over all the company lines.

I am helping out a friend that was stranded up in the mountains cause his machine is having Fuel/Electronic/Mechanical failure.
I come to the Forum to find answers and now am forced to find other means or just start throwing parts at it like a Ford!
Might as well its how he was found! His machine with him standing next to it FOUND ON ROAD DEAD !!!!!
He dropped good money on this machine with very few miles on it. (2722 miles)
My Honda Foreman never had these problems. Yamaha Grizzly never had half these problems.
This list is what I found in under 20 min on the forum. Why should I not tell him to cut loss??

He just bought the dang thing changed the fuel, spark plug, oil, tires and brake inspection and off he went hunting.
Now sitting in my garage waiting for parts and more love !!

Everyone says there is a 10 to 3 ratio of bad to good things to be told to people.
Is there enough people to say good things about the company getting the product back to the consumer within a timely matter and actually doing the right thing about warranties!

Lets hear it !!

·
Registered
103 Posts
So he just recently bought it used and he's having problems with it? Or he bought it new, maintained it very well and is having problems with it?

·
Registered
7,450 Posts
first and foremost. people come to forums for help and to complain, so yes, you're going to find more bad than good. it's that simple.

sounds like your buddy bought a lemon that someone else was trying to get rid of. 2722 miles isn't low mileage on an ATV. it's not high miles either. but definitely not low mileage.

as for whether or not it's worth the trouble for you and your buddy, that is dependent on how much he paid for it, and how much you're time costs to help him (highly dependent on how good of a friend he is).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He is paying all the parts plus time and I don't have a time constraint.

I just off the phone with the dealer and they say there is not a way to bench test the MAF, Fuel pump or TPS.
"the parts are all dc and only able to diag with the dealer service tool."
What a tool!
I am taking it up the flag pole. This is bad!!
They want $150 an hour for diag. I narrowed it down within 20 min. no book.

Anyone with part numbers and wire diagrams with resistance factors would be awesome!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So he just recently bought it used and he's having problems with it? Or he bought it new, maintained it very well and is having problems with it?
he recently bought it used... this was the second time he had it out. Of course the previous owners told him there was all this servicing that was done on it. I don't believe people and he knows it. I have been authorized to fix repair or replace as needed to make it worthy and trusting.

Can this year make and model be trusting or do I take it to pasture and put it down like a old lame cancer riddled animal?

·
Premium Member
7,586 Posts
It's a funny deal man!!! I bud if mine get this bought two "slightly used" 570's. The first one had issues so as a back up he bought a second. They were so inexpensive with low miles and hours he couldn't resist. Well the big joke was he rolled up to a ride in NH with both. Within 3 days both were broke down and he caught the ribbing of a life time. Point is the original owners unloaded those machines for a reason!! Sometimes these great deals come at a price. Final little piece he bought a Can-Am and is having a couple issues with that.

Now me I have a 570 2-up hands down most well mannered machine I have. If I had to choose an all around machine to ride that would be it!! They're great machines question is can your bud get his running right, hope so!!!

·
Premium Member
7,586 Posts
Just wanted to add that with the amount of issues the wheeler is having I would go over the wiring wire by wire!!

·
9,233 Posts
Nah... It ain't worth the headache. Tell him I'll bring him $500 and get it off his hands so you guys don't have to be worried with it anymore and He can then go get a Honda

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
started going through the wiring harness doesn't seem to be any problems there. following the wires by eyesights and ohm testing each wire connections and respective switches sensors and servos. what I am having a problem with is getting resistant values from the dealers. I talked to 2 dealers that are close to home. The first says there is no way to test resistance through the sensors or pump. The system is dc voltage and will only be able to diagnosed with the dealer scan tool at a cost of $150 per hour. The second shop said he is not allowed to give out that information cause it takes time and money from the shop.
If anyone is able to get me resistance values on sensors that would be awesome.
TPS "throttle position sensor"
MAP "mass air Pressure"
VSS "vehicle speed sensor"
TS (part # 4010644) "Temp Sensor"
CPS "crank position sensor"
GPS "Gear position sensor"

Anyone know how to attach a fuel pressure gauge?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Here is the skinny. "kinda worked up stick with me"
Fuel pumps suck.
Throttle position sticks
belt breather position horrible
E.C.M. failure
heat problems
Steering bearing failure
Belt failure
no actual test ports on fuel rail
M.A.F. dives when it feels like.
transmissions' chunk out like a Nissan C.V.T.
Corporate doesn't own up to warranties and time lost on expensive machines.
I find warranty and time lost complaints all over all the company lines.

I am helping out a friend that was stranded up in the mountains cause his machine is having Fuel/Electronic/Mechanical failure.
I come to the Forum to find answers and now am forced to find other means or just start throwing parts at it like a Ford!
Might as well its how he was found! His machine with him standing next to it FOUND ON ROAD DEAD !!!!!
He dropped good money on this machine with very few miles on it. (2722 miles)
My Honda Foreman never had these problems. Yamaha Grizzly never had half these problems.
This list is what I found in under 20 min on the forum. Why should I not tell him to cut loss??

He just bought the dang thing changed the fuel, spark plug, oil, tires and brake inspection and off he went hunting.
Now sitting in my garage waiting for parts and more love !!

Everyone says there is a 10 to 3 ratio of bad to good things to be told to people.
Is there enough people to say good things about the company getting the product back to the consumer within a timely matter and actually doing the right thing about warranties!

Lets hear it !!
for 2018 sportsman 570 touring 2 years 1200 miles no issues best atv ever no heat issues at all ...did have a 2015 and did have many of the faults you listed 14-15 not the best years .2700 miles is a lot of miles unless you got it new and did all maintenance real good cleaned and checked over every ride .price also reflects the year and miles 5y 2700 miles 3300-4000 tops with winch,bumper .new out the door in 18 was over 9300.00.. with winch,bumper,hot grips,2 year warranty, state tax,doc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts