Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if there is really an effective carb cleaner you can add to your gas. Thanks for any input.:xmas::xmas:

·
Registered
483 Posts
I like running Sea-Foam. It cleans everything. You can even run it in your oil!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Sea-Foam is an excellent heavy duty fuel system cleaner. However, it's not something you want to use on a regular basis. If your stuck using Ethanol in your gas (like most are) consider using something like StarTron in every tank. Then, every few tanks of fuel, use some Sea-Foam. Also, when you use the Sea-Foam, use the recommended dosage... it really is heavy duty, and you don't want to overdo it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
what is the process in useing sea-foam? like just measure pour in and what? is the fuel still useable when mixed. do you want to expend all the fuel when used?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Run the ATV until it is fairly low on gas. (don't run it out LOL). Put in the correct amount of Sea-Foam for the amount of gas you are going to put in... say 4 gal. Then, run the ATV until it is fairly low on gas again. Should be good, but you could probably treat it one more time like that if necessary.

HTH

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
There is one... let me see. I can't remember the name... Its on the tip of my tounge.... Ahh..... OH yea SEAFOAM!! :party43:

As other have said, I too run it in all my small engines as well as the Jeeps that I don't regularly drive. The differences is somtimes VERY noticeable. But its gonna depend on how crudded up it is to begin with. It's got everything Stabil has PLUS!

Sea Foam | Gasoline Engine FAQ's

CW

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
SEAFOAM is the way to go. It cleans carb,injectors,carbon deposits,and is a fuel stabilizer.

·
Registered
479 Posts
1 oz Seafoam per gallon of gas. Drive it like you stole it. Make sure you put it in before you put it away for the winter. Add fresh gas with Seafoam in the spring. Add it to your tow vehicle also. I have been using it for 20 years.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts