Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty sure I blew a CV, (deceleration low speed clunking, clicking, thumping and lots of riding on rocks) so.. time to replace them both on a 2015 Sportsman 570 SP Touring EPS.... lots of contradictory info out there on rear axle part #'s for this... Polaris says 1333275 (which I tend to believe more than some parts distributor), but of those "other" parts distributors are saying "not compatible" with mine. Sixity says they don't make them. Any help appreciated. (btw, just joined and this is my first post)

Gordo

·
Registered
567 Posts
I just shop on e-bay or where ever by part number.
If you look at the aftermarket axles most will list the Polaris part number. That 1333275 rear axle is used on a bunch of Polaris models. I take no stock in there fitment charts. If you take the time and look around you will notice that an axle for a 570 is higher priced than the one for the old 325 but yet they are the same axle. I found this same thing when buying for my 400. Most times I just look up parts for a 500. Anyway I have had good luck with American cv axles. You may find them on e-bay or they have their own web site.

https://www.americancvstore.com/2015-2016-polaris-sportsman-570-4x4-rear-extreme-off-road-atv-cv-axle.html

http://www.ebay.com/itm/POLARIS-SPORTSMAN-570-4X4-REAR-EXTREME-OFF-ROAD-ATV-CV-AXLE-2015-2016-/272263178109?fits=Year%3A2015%7CModel%3ASportsman+570&vxp=mtr&hash=item3f6426677d

Look under specifications to see the Polaris part number.
Your atv even falls into their fitment chart!!!

·
Premium Member
12,408 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have an 01 spoartsman 500 h.o. I just bought it about a week ago. so far ive replaced the front left cv axle which is cv at one end and universal at other. Rode for a few minutes then the right rear cv axle popped out, pushed it back in and same thing again after riding a few minutes. read some questions and answers and suggestions and after doing so i decided to replace the rr cv axle which is cv at both ends. ive purchased both the front and rear cv from EastLake axle out of fl. the front has worked great. the right rear which came with a new spring ring is still popping out. i there a correct length measurement i can go off of to measure the new one to check to see if the shaft is maybe too short? but im thinking how can the old (which i have no clue if ever replaced) and the new have the same problem with popping out the gear case. dont what to do. thanks in advance

·
Registered
97 Polaris 500 sportsman 4x4 Indepedent shaft drive, 2000 Honda 450S foreman
37 Posts
lol, maybe im in right discussion for once. I just got a 97 500 sportsman 4x4 and right rear the inner bearing race is stuck on the axle stub, left rear the u joint js so sloppy it’s going to snap under any kind of real load, I usually use heat to get my work done if needed but will this affect the axle stub, better yet why is it seized on?..likely bent haha so im probably gonna be looking for at least the u joint and axle stub/end. After I replace the 2 bad motor mounts and the belt and get those rear issues fixed it’s solid, had it compression tested and for age still has over 94% factory speccim ok with dumping a few bucks into it

·
Premium Member
2004 Polaris sportsman 700
353 Posts
lol, maybe im in right discussion for once. I just got a 97 500 sportsman 4x4 and right rear the inner bearing race is stuck on the axle stub, left rear the u joint js so sloppy it’s going to snap under any kind of real load, I usually use heat to get my work done if needed but will this affect the axle stub, better yet why is it seized on?..likely bent haha so im probably gonna be looking for at least the u joint and axle stub/end. After I replace the 2 bad motor mounts and the belt and get those rear issues fixed it’s solid, had it compression tested and for age still has over 94% factory speccim ok with dumping a few bucks into it
You can find a parts breakdown of the entire rear axle or driveshaft as Polaris calls it here. You can order parts from that site as well. You can use heat because there’s no rubber boot at the end, but there is a carrier bearing there that it discontinued if you ruin it. I wouldn’t go to hard with the heat. If you plan on just replacing the bad u joints, then I would recommend you change them all on both axles… or better yet just get new axles because they’re probably close to being worn out after 24 years.

·
Registered
37 Posts
You can find a parts breakdown of the entire rear axle or driveshaft as Polaris calls it here. You can order parts from that site as well. You can use heat because there’s no rubber boot at the end, but there is a carrier bearing there that it discontinued if you ruin it. I wouldn’t go to hard with the heat. If you plan on just replacing the bad u joints, then I would recommend you change them all on both axles… or better yet just get new axles because they’re probably close to being worn out after 24 years.
Yea, the “carrier bearing is the 1 im speaking of smh, it’s the inner race stuck on the axle….it’s tight to the inside of shaft too…im stumped as to how it was spinning butu can feel the twisting from u joint, honestly the rest of axles are in phenomenal shape, yokes n output shaft are great, boots intact and shaft move freely inside boot. Really weird. It boil down to tjose dry grease zerks bc he didn’t know or care to do it

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yea, the “carrier bearing is the 1 im speaking of smh, it’s the inner race stuck on the axle….it’s tight to the inside of shaft too…im stumped as to how it was spinning butu can feel the twisting from u joint, honestly the rest of axles are in phenomenal shape, yokes n output shaft are great, boots intact and shaft move freely inside boot. Really weird. It boil down to tjose dry grease zerks bc he didn’t know or care to do it
Add on:…Thanks for the info and link, I have a North American warhorse about 20 minutes away, be visiting them today

1 - 8 of 8 Posts