21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
Was wondering if this is a good deal or not:

2009 Polaris Sportsman 500 EFI X2 – MSRP $8,299.00
Polaris Rebate - ($500.00)
Discount from Dealer - ($100.00)

Total $7,699.00

Glacier II Plow, Mount, Frame & Polaris 2,500 LB Winch - $500.00 (Incl. Install)

Grand Total OTD - $8,199.00

The dealer isn’t really giving me a big discount, just a good deal on the plow package. Is there wiggle room in the ATV prices, or do these things sell pretty close to MSRP?

Any comments appreciated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
We just bought the same machine two weeks ago. I'm in Minnesota. I called around to various dealers to get pricing before I went looking, and they were all within a couple hundred $$ of each other - some were only $25 over cost ($6,975) and the highest was $7,150. In Minnesota the dealers here are getting ready to bring in the 2010's, so they're looking to unload the 2009 models. We got a VERY good deal on the one we bought. We didn't have any of the extras installed that you mentioned, although our dealer was willing to reduce the prices of "goodies" by 20% if we wanted to add anything. Our dealer also took the rack, battery tender, mirror, and trailer hitch off of our trade-in and installed those for free on our new one.

Hope this info. helps you. Good luck!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. How do you like the X2, pros, cons?

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Honestly can't think of ANY cons. When we're not riding 2-up, it converts wonderfully into a single-rider with that dump box. And the dump box can hold a LOT of weight!

We really liked the versatility of the X2 over the Touring (the passenger seat on the Touring wasn't comfortable for us). And its great to be able to convert it and get more usage out of the dump box versus the fixed-dual seat of the Touring.

We had a 2007 800 X2 that kept overheating on us (we had it into the shop most of this summer and no one could figure out what was wrong with it) - we traded in that for a smaller motor hoping its better matched to the cooling system. Guess we'll see.

·
Registered
7 Posts
a12

Hey From PA

Just bought a 2009 Polaris 500 EFI X2 this week.
Paid $ 7100.00 before tax,title,etc. Shopped around for two weeks trying to find the best price.Good luck and have fun!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the replys.

I finally came across what I think is a really good deal for a new '09 500 X2. My only concern is that the manufacture date on the machine is 12/9/08. Is this something that I should be concerned with, seeing that this machine has been sitting around all this time? Other places that I was looking at had manufacture dates of 5/09. Any other things to look out for, seeing that the machine is almost 1 year old? Comments appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went to test drive the X2 today. What a great machine. I noticed that there are no bulbs where the reverse/work lights would be, but there are sockets for them. Salesman said he thought that they weren't available on the '09's. Does anyone know if this is true, or can I just add a switch and bulbs? I found it odd that there are sockets there, but no bulbs. I'm guessing they're already prewired though. Any comments appreciated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts