Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I talked to a friend of mine(Yea I do have friends) and we were talkin quads. He recently sold his older Scrambler and bought a Kawasaki KFX. I asked why the change. He said his front suspension seized up on the Polaris and didn't know that you had to grease the suspension via the zerks. He bought the KFX because the suspension was maintenance free(No zerks). Is that whacked or what? I know newer cars and trucks no longer have greasable parts until you replace them with aftermarket. I don't own a newer Polaris, does the new models change to this concept too?

·
Registered
164 Posts
In my sig is what I have and it has a lot of grease zerks. nothing better than something you can lube.

If he didn't realized it didn't need greased that's sad. He never looked. Its all his fault.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Even Polaris has changed the number of zerks from year to year. Some years had over 20 and others none. My XP has a few more than my 500HO, but so far I can appreciate any measurable difference between the 2.

·
Registered
308 Posts
1HDSLIDER: " Nothing better than something you can lube" Wow I cannot count the times that I have said that....even when I was talking bikes with the guys. :marchmellow:

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Just because the suspension has no zerks and claims to be maintenance free does not mean it is. Some of us remember when all suspension parts could be greased and if done correctly would last a long time.

You will get your chance to tell him, I told you so soon enough. All the parts manufactured theses days are designed to be disposable. Some time in the next year or two his maintenance free suspension will need to be replaced.

The term appliance operator comes to mind. You buy an appliance, plug it in, use it til it fails. Throw it a way and buy another. We have become a disposable society. The days of taking care of what you have and it will take can of you, are thing of the past.

Just remind him grease is cheap, replacement parts and labor are not!

·
Registered
164 Posts
1HDSLIDER: " Nothing better than something you can lube" Wow I cannot count the times that I have said that....even when I was talking bikes with the guys. :marchmellow:
ROTFLMBO. I Knew someone would get me. Lol

·
Registered
397 Posts
ROTFLMBO. I Knew someone would get me. Lol
You should here him on the Ford forums...he's WAY worse :veryhappy:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts