Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Not sure, kind of looks like a money pit. Does it run?

·
Registered
2,054 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Look it over real good. Leaks, missing, broken stuff. If it ain't terrible and you just wanna get it running and ride it offer him 300$ and see what he says.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Looks like a late 90's magnum. If it's a 4 stroke and it runs it's probably worth $500. If it's a 2stroke I'd run away fast. But it looks like it will need at least $800 into it for tires, bumper, a proper winch mount, etc. And that's before you get into the clutches and belt that are probably all junk for another $6-800. And anything else you can easily identify as needing work. Probably going to lose money if you try to flip it. Bit may be ok if you keep it for a few years and get some work out of it.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
That was ridden hard and put away wet. Looks like a parts rig at best. I'd give $250 max for that bucket of bolts.
Judging from the outer condition it's got some air miles. Prolly needs some serious maintenance items along with the obvious missing and just plain busted parts.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Unless you are real handy, looking for a parts bike or just want a project to tinker with I would pass. I think you will have quite a price put into that to bring it back to the reliable ride state.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I agree with it being a money pit, when you polish a turd all you wind up with is a shiny turd..................

·
11,289 Posts
At least $800 in parts and a lot of time to get it in shape IF your a good mechanic and know where to find parts cheap. For $1300 to $1500 you could probably find a pretty good used machine that is a lot newer and more dependable.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts