Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just posted an updated overview of my 570... curious what you guys think, and if everyone else has had reliability problems I haven't encountered? That **dang squeak is still driving me nuts, and I've probably blown the shocks out by now. :grin

Was thinking of grabbing a Can Am 570 do some comparison videos, or ditch the 570 class altogether and jump to Sportsman 1000. I still think this is one of the best bikes for the money though, even if I have to replace a bearing or two. (the guys on the Hondas are still lagging behind, sore from rides the 570 just glides over, etc... I know the Honda will still be running in 20 years, but the Polaris is way more fun!)

Updated video:

Blog post: https://cleverleverage.com/polaris-sportsman-570-review/

Edit: how the heck do you embed youtube videos!?! I filmed how the first service videos, repairs, etc... with a high end camera that will help some people out if I can figure out how to share them here

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
i didn't watch ur vid yet but the squeak could be shock bushings need to be grease up, i had that issue on my scrambler

·
Registered
777 Posts
I got my 14’ in December of 13’. Had it now 5 years. Mine has been used for work and hunting. After the recall for heat and a reflash it’s been fine. If I had to buy again it’ll be a CanAm. I just think they’re built better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I got my 14’ in December of 13’. Had it now 5 years. Mine has been used for work and hunting. After the recall for heat and a reflash it’s been fine. If I had to buy again it’ll be a CanAm. I just think they’re built better.

If I’m the first to tell you this I’d be shocked, but CanAm has their own set of issues that are far more costly to repair than the minor stuff we deal with.
I’ve heard numerous CanAm transmissions blow almost out of the box, let alone after warranty is up.

·
Registered
117 Posts
2015 and the only thing I've had to was oil/fluid changes, and occasionally put air in the tires.
Granted I dont have a lot of miles on it

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a 2016 with1700 km about 80 hours. The trails I ride are always wet and while I dont go looking for mud it is unavoidable here in eastern ontario (clay that ruts and never drains or dries) I broke my 4 wheeler in according to the manual. I put 27 inch zillas on it at 800km for the ground clearance because the local trails I ride are very rutted. I dont abuse the bike but it gets worked with the rough trails. I have had zero issues. I replaced the battery with an agm for winter riding (about half the mileage is in snow) and I replaced the 2 rear wheel bearings as they had very slight play from always being wet (and freeze thaw cycled all winter) cost me about 70 bucks. I bought a bearing packet tool to make sure they were full of grease as I bet they come half full or worse from the factory. I would buy another one. I also have a 2002 400 sportsman I bought used and abused and it runs like a champ after a new stator. The guy I bought it from didn't know the mileage as it stopped working before he got it 5 years ago. It stopped adding at 7500 miles and that's where it's been ever since. I wouldn't be shocked if it had 10000 miles on it and it came with a plow. The mid frame mount had a rough rust on it to suggest the bike had plowed a lot too, so worked hard.

·
Registered
197 Posts

What I hate is most people posting do not say there millage. 10 years old and 2 or maybe 3 thousand miles. A friend has a 2010 CanAm and has over 14,000 miles. Has gone through several sets of tires a fuel pump and a fan but other than that no engine or transmission problems.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just posted an updated overview of my 570...
In your video, at 1:10, you have the 570 up on its rear end and doing some cleaning.
How did you get it up like that...?
I've owned mine (2014, with only 63 hours) all of about a week now. Found that the previous owner, it seems NEVER cleaned this thing (other than washing the body)...
I've had it on on the standard motorcycle / ATV lift, had the wheels off, cleaned out the brakes, rotors, etc, because it was just caked with a sandy-clay (no, I didn't know what I was doing when I bought it, regrets of a first-time buyer).
Is there anything beneficial to hosing it off the way you did with it on its butt like that...?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@ N7HVN, I picked it up, you just have to be careful and grab way down on the front crossmember.

No advantages to cleaning it like that really, I had just finished the break in and knew I bottomed out on a couple trails... wanted to clean and inspect everything to see if I really needed a skidplate or not for the long term. (it wasn't bad though, couple small dings... ground clearance is generally good as long as the shocks don't squat too much depending on how you ride)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Mine still is reliable but their power steering is a joke. For that reason I’ll buy another brand next time.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Polaris ps is the worst I have ever seen. 2wd is fine but put it in 4wd and I can hardly turn it on my cement drive. Add the plow and impossible. Works fine in soft stuff but so does a manual steering unit. Paying a huge premium over manual for a 570sp it should be able to steer like my caddy. I complained to dealer who looked it all over and then pulled 3 brand new ones off the floor and they were all like mine. Power steering should be powered by the unit, not my arms.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Mines. 2017 EPS. Love it and no problems with it. I,ve been on hot Sandy trails for 2 summers, muddy and snowy trails in the spring to mud water and swamps up to front headights in the fall. I'm snorkled with 28" tires and no problems. I feel the Sportsman. Is the best bang for the buck of any quad sold.

I just changed my front diff, transmission and engine fluids yesterday. Everything looked great.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hey guys, gonna miss the forum, but sold the touring 570 eps for a rzr 570 eps. Had to have the bed for getting firewood out of the creeks and ravines. As to this thread. Put 510 miles and 68 hours on my 570 eps and had no problems except the fuel gauge quit working at about 30 hours. The issue with the eps mentioned earlier has to be a problem with the machine. As I've mentioned before, I've had every make of atv except Kawasaki and Can-am. My wife has a 2018 Kodiak 450 eps which is a wonderful machine. My power steering was always great, in fact a bit better than the Yamaha. I'd have loved to keep the Sportsman and gotten the RZR both. Just didn't have the funds. I'm totally with Autosport on the Can-am issue. I was very close to buying a Commander 800 over the RZR 570, but much research showed me that the RZR 570 had way fewer issues. I spent much time on the Commander forums, and constantly read about heat in the cabin and serious electronic issues. Granted, my fuel gauge on the Sportsman went AWOL, but that is nothing compared to what I read about the Commander. The Outlanders may be better, but my Sportsman 570 treated me well enough to go for the RZR 570. I'd love to try a Can-am some day, but for the money I just don't think anybody (including the Japanese makes) makes anything that stacks up to a Polaris with the Prostar 570 in it. Just my $.02.

·
Registered
42 Posts

How many miles ?hours do you have on your unit? Did the fuel pump ever go bad on you?

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
The wife's 570-T is just over a year old not the two as asked in the OP but it's a rock solid unit. Absolutely no complaints it fits the market it was designed for to a "T"!!!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wifes 2018 just rolled 2500 miles. 1 issue... she cant use the hand warmers on high for long periods of time... the stator cant keep up..

·
Registered
202 Posts
2015 570 6100km. Stays outside in the winter (Canada) and still on a stock battery. Only thing replaced were three bearings and a tie rod end! Still going strong and I ride in all types of terrain and in the winter here. I'd buy another one!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts