Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one of the newer quick connect plows for a 2020 sportsman.

I’m having 2 issues. One with the plow itself the other with winch Cable. wondering if anybody has any suggestions..
The red pushed down plow lever lock.. the snow keeps pushing it back up and the plow comes off.
I keep snapping the cable. I tried buying a rubber stopper but it did not last long.
I lost the hook in the snow somewhere today and just tied it on that seems to work pretty well but will be a pain in the ass to untie.
I’ve tried adjusting where the hook attaches as far as it’ll go but the hooks still get sucked up into the winch if I’m not careful. And I try to be careful not raise raise it too high. It’s just inevitable.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I attached a telltale on my plow.

Got a 1” x 36” flat galvanized steel strip and bolted it to the plow centered. Added a couple of tape markers for up and down positions.
I can see the telltale raise and lower, taking the guesswork out of the plow position.

·
Registered
2011 Sportsman 850 XP
62 Posts
I had the same issue, although my Sportsman was 10 years old, the synthetic winch rope was caked in mud, and well worn when I bought it.

I bought a generic "plow rope" to put on just for plowing. I only have a couple plows on it so far, but it lasted longer than the15 minutes that the original one did. It's only 10 feet long instead of 50, and the last 3-4 feet that continuously roll over the fairlead are double the thickness of the rest of it.

Warn makes a plow "strap" but the reviews I read on it were pretty terrible. Stitching coming apart, etc. So far this one for like $13 has done the trick:
eBay plow lift rope

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I attached a telltale on my plow.

Got a 1” x 36” flat galvanized steel strip and bolted it to the plow centered. Added a couple of tape markers for up and down positions.
I can see the telltale raise and lower, taking the guesswork out of the plow position.
that's a cool idea! Im going to try something similar.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts