Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that they burried this whole section of the forum wayyyyyyyy down at the bottom. Way to go patvf for burrying this down on deep on an already mostly underground forum.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Has great potential! I Know a lot of people that dont do the typical trail, rocks and sand dune riding....seems awfully boring to me. Id rather play in the mud

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
They have whole forums dedicated to mud riding that you can join, lets not try to turn this place into the horrible High lifter Forums.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I hate mud.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I am glad they added a mud section

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i think its really bad placement that its at the litteral bottom of a page below everything else, this should have been moved up by the around the garage section. I understand that there are whole forums dedicated to mud riding. But the placement of this section of the forum makes very little sense, it gets no real exposure down at the bottom

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Well, you always have to go down to find the mud, it's always at the bottom.
Nothing like pulling a thread back to life after a few years lol.
In any event, I agree with Markcuda from a few years back... I hate mud!

·
Registered
296 Posts
If it were easy everyone would be doing it....:grin

·
Premium Member
7,692 Posts
I'm in NO way shape or form a "mudder". But I will say I do enjoy finding my way through around some knarly washed out, swampy, deep spots. I've had to back off the temptations to hit them bigger mud holes. It's an expensive endeavor for sure. Problem is I like climbs, rocks, ruts, roots, and WOT when the opportunity presents itself. Throw mudding into that equation and my wrench time doubles. So I've checked my ego the last couple of years. Plus we have two XMR's in the crew so I'm not the "Swamp Billy Goat" as much, lol.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
If it were easy everyone would be doing it....:grin
Easy...?
The bike, if set up properly does most of the work. That’s why I’m not into it.
Examine conditions, pick a line, enter into mud, slam throttle, transfer weight from one side to other trying to hit something solid at bottom and deal with being muddy as hell the rest of the day.
Skill is finding fastest lines and setting lap times.
I do however enjoy watching others destroy their machines.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Lol
Well I’ll never “hate” on another for what they enjoy.
Some don’t understand what I do with my machine and I can respect that.
As I’ve said in many posts before, living in Western PA we ride in mud quite frequently. The time spent cleaning our bikes is crazy as we have a lot of mud that has clay in it. When it dries it’s like concrete. So we ride a lot of mud, but I don’t “mud” my bike meaning I don’t go for deep mud holes to see if the bike can make it through it.
Doesn’t mean I think you’re stupid for what you like, we just have different ways of enjoying the machines we’ve bought/modded.
Getting dirty is all part of it, but the lighter/cleaner I stay during my ride, the faster I am as well as happy.

·
Registered
285 Posts
My comment was not aimed at you under any circumstance. I put a lot of time and money into making a bike that can go places most other machines can't.

Calling my riding stupid just pisses me off, I'm a construction worker, and I'll bet money no one calls me stupid to my face.
Buch of keyboard heroes.

·
Super Moderator
6,990 Posts
Easy on the language. I have cleaned it up for you.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
If you’re in construction (I’m a senior estimator and project manager - civil), I know you’ve got thick skin and broad shoulders so bare mind this is a forum where no one knows you. Don’t take it so serious bud.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts