Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Love that you blocked the wording and left the content!
HAHAHAHA

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
In my younger days I loved the MUD, the dirtier my quads and trucks come home was how I measured the success of my adventure. AS I have grown older though not much wiser, MUD is just a mess that makes it to much of an effort to clean and detail off my machines:smile

That said, you mudder's give it hell, I love watching your antics on You Tube:wink

·
Registered
285 Posts
I apologize to all. Not a computer guy at all, just let that one get me, sorry.

But I get called names, I retaliate, just as in real life, sorry.

The sad part is I'm 57 years old, new tricks are hard to learn, i.e., the computer.....And the impunity people think they have, as no one can talk face to face in todays world.

·
Super Moderator
6,990 Posts
If you’re in construction (I’m a senior estimator and project manager - civil), I know you’ve got thick skin and broad shoulders so bare mind this is a forum where no one knows you. Don’t take it so serious bud.
Huh, I'm also a senior estimator for a heavy civil company. After 25 years out in the field I've been sitting behind a desk for the last 11 years. Started out as a laborer and worked my way up through the ranks. Carpenter, crane operator, foreman, superintendent, division manager and now office queen. :grin Thin skin need not apply.

·
Super Moderator
6,990 Posts
I apologize to all. Not a computer guy at all, just let that one get me, sorry.

But I get called names, I retaliate, just as in real life, sorry.

The sad part is I'm 57 years old, new tricks are hard to learn, i.e., the computer.....And the impunity people think they have, as no one can talk face to face in todays world.
Thanks for that. (showing your age :rofl:) As for mud riding, not for me. Give me an impossible hill to climb and I'm happy.

·
Registered
5,965 Posts
Funny

I have raced motorcycles since 1968, 3-wheelers from their inception to their demise and couches after my knees gave out. I am 68, still compete as long as I don't have to drive over 2 hours to get there

I grew up on a farm, worked construction building grain bins and silos, got a degree in electronics, worked as a lab technician at General Electric's High Current Laboratory, spent 6 years in the Army during the height of the Vietnam War (did not deploy - I studied the options, got legal advice and joined a branch that was not involved in the active conflict), I managed a Montgomery Ward catalog store, operated a gas station, worked as a maintenance supervisor in a steel rollforming factory for 25 years and concurrently owned and operated an independent motorcycle and ATV repair shop for 25 years. I left the rollforming industry in 2006 and still operate the motorsports repair business. I have been a heavy equipment operator, overhead crane operator and semi-truck driver.

I never called anyone stupid - I just commented that you can fix stupid, but you can't fix dumb - the basis of the comment is obvious

This should have only hurt those with thin skin

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
If you’re in construction (I’m a senior estimator and project manager - civil), I know you’ve got thick skin and broad shoulders so bare mind this is a forum where no one knows you. Don’t take it so serious bud.
Huh, I'm also a senior estimator for a heavy civil company. After 25 years out in the field I've been sitting behind a desk for the last 11 years. Started out as a laborer and worked my way up through the ranks. Carpenter, crane operator, foreman, superintendent, division manager and now office queen. :grin Thin skin need not apply.
Well I’ve been fortunate to work my way up through the ranks relatively quickly.
I’m 37 years old. I went to college for Computer Aided Drafting, after receiving a degree I went back to school for business.
Found myself as a surveyor out of college to get to work making money. After 3 years at a firm in Pittsburgh I was hunted down for a position in MD. Took the job for something new and became a crew chief after being there a year. Moved back to the Burgh after 2 years and stayed with that engineering firm for 3 years.
A construction outfit hired me for their layout and found myself a full time estimator inside of a few months. I’ve been estimating 11 years and managing jobs for about 8.
Became a senior estimator and pm about 3 years ago.
I manage the civil department reviewing all bids that go out and manage most of our sitework jobs start to finish.
We also self-perform building concrete as well as site concrete along with asphalt paving.
Company employs over 400 people.
Fun stuff.
Funny

I have raced motorcycles since 1968, 3-wheelers from their inception to their demise and couches after my knees gave out. I am 68, still compete as long as I don't have to drive over 2 hours to get there

I grew up on a farm, worked construction building grain bins and silos, got a degree in electronics, worked as a lab technician at General Electric's High Current Laboratory, spent 6 years in the Army during the height of the Vietnam War (did not deploy - I studied the options, got legal advice and joined a branch that was not involved in the active conflict), I managed a Montgomery Ward catalog store, operated a gas station, worked as a maintenance supervisor in a steel rollforming factory for 25 years and concurrently owned and operated an independent motorcycle and ATV repair shop for 25 years. I left the rollforming industry in 2006 and still operate the motorsports repair business. I have been a heavy equipment operator, overhead crane operator and semi-truck driver.

I never called anyone stupid - I just commented that you can fix stupid, but you can't fix dumb - the basis of the comment is obvious

I’m sure he just had a moment.
We’ve all been there.
I’m sure all is good.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Well I’ve been fortunate to work my way up through the ranks relatively quickly.
I’m 37 years old. I went to college for Computer Aided Drafting, after receiving a degree I went back to school for business.
Found myself as a surveyor out of college to get to work making money. After 3 years at a firm in Pittsburgh I was hunted down for a position in MD. Took the job for something new and became a crew chief after being there a year. Moved back to the Burgh after 2 years and stayed with that engineering firm for 3 years.
A construction outfit hired me for their layout and found myself a full time estimator inside of a few months. I’ve been estimating 11 years and managing jobs for about 8.
Became a senior estimator and pm about 3 years ago.
I manage the civil department reviewing all bids that go out and manage most of our sitework jobs start to finish.
We also self-perform building concrete as well as site concrete along with asphalt paving.
Company employs over 400 people.
Fun stuff.
Funny

I’m sure he just had a moment.
We’ve all been there.
I’m sure all is good.

Don't know how to highlight the last paragraph, but yes, quite a moment. I usually laugh at all the shenenagins, but this one got me in the short hairs. Don't know why....

Again, to all, sorry for the childish outburst.

·
Registered
5,965 Posts
Sorry to have offended anyone - I didn't intend to - it was my way of saying playing in mud is like playing in quicksand - one is not as bad as the other, but neither is the prudent thing to do

I ride in the dirt, still try to race, but I go to have fun - not to win - I tell people "someone has to come in last and I'm satisfied with that as long as I have fun". Sometimes it's mud, but if the mud get's over a few inches deep, I look for an alternate line.

To each his own

·
Super Moderator
6,990 Posts
I would like to thank you mr moderator, for being easy on me.
Can we delete this post completely? I'm sorry for the childish outburst.
Okay, cleaned it all up. Not something I would normally do, but you owned it and apologized and I do appreciate that.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Okay, cleaned it all up. Not something I would normally do, but you owned it and apologized and I do appreciate that.

Thank you.
But... I was talking about post #17, the origin of the outburst... Everything is good. thanks.:trink4:

·
Super Moderator
6,990 Posts

Thank you.
But... I was talking about post #17, the origin of the outburst... Everything is good. thanks.:trink4:
Oops, missed that one. Got it now.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts