Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in buying 27 inch ITP Mega Mayham tires for my 2005 Polaris Sportsman 700 EFI 4x4. I am running 26 inch MAXXIS on it now. I have some questions and concerns.

1. I do a lot of trail riding and some off road/mud/swamp riding. Are they a rough ride? Meaning rattle my teeth rough, or are they tolerable.

2. Putting this tire on my machine, will I be blowing out axles left and right.

Tell me all that you guy's have experienced.

·
Registered
190 Posts
They ride smooth for the amount of tread and the aggessiveness they have there a good all around tire my buddy had them on his can am and one of my buddies have them on his 900 rzr they didn't have problems with axles but that's all in how u ride... They run about a inch short though so 27"s will be more like 26s

·
Registered
33 Posts
anything over 7-8 mph, and they smooth out. i just put them on my 850, and they ride great on trails/mud. as for axles, like fullthrottle said, it's all about how you ride. main thing is throttle control.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I run monsters on my 850 and I love them!!! The mega's only have 1/4" less tread. You'll like them, axle explosions are rider specific. You can blow up axles with stock tires. The traction, weight and price when compared to other mud tires is a no brainer. The Mega's are a great choice.

·
Registered
190 Posts
^ agreed the megas are about as good of a all terrain mud tire ur gonna get for the money along with the zillas which are close to the same tread pattern with 1 1/4 tread where the megas have 1 1/2 tread but the zillas are much much lighter than the megas. U might want to take a look at them there a really good tire my brother has a set on his brute

·
Registered
190 Posts
^ my buddies that ran short were on 14" wheels and another guy has them on 12" wheels and they only run about a half inch short or maybe 1/4. There slightly bigger than the ones on the 14" wheels

·
Registered
399 Posts
I've got the Mega's and one the thing I could add to everyone's comments are the sidewalls. Much stiffer sidewall then other tires I've used(stock and swamplites). They don't leak and when taking corners quick it doesn't feel like the tire is going to roll off the rim.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts