Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 08 sportsman 500HO EFI and looking at the 27" mega mayhems but would like to see pics of them mounted! How do they ride? I installed a 2in lift & wanna gain some more ground clearance. I have 25" excecutioners on now & its a rough ride! Hoping to make my mind up by the end of this month, Rims & Tires are crazy expensive! thanks!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a buddy that had some and traded them off due to how rough they ride.

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Terms roll smooth ;)

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
anyone have 27x9x12 fronts? how wide do they actually measure? i have some sti hd1 rims 4+3 offset & hope to not have any front clearance issues

·
Registered
190 Posts
My buddy had a set of 28" meyhems on his 1k outty they ran real short at 26.5"

·
Registered
190 Posts
There not as wide as they are suppose to be idk I guess his 28 11 14 was 10 inches wide or so

·
Registered
190 Posts
They seemed to be good all around tires done good in snow and mud and there ok on trails I like them if they ran closer to size it would be nice

·
Registered
190 Posts
I don't think u will have any trouble with ur clearance in the front it will prob be close but I don't think they will rub. Friend of mine has a 08 500 he has 26 9 14 baja cross with itp ss 108 wheels he clears them with no spacers but I'm not sure what offset they are

·
Registered
558 Posts
I have 28-9-14 in front and 28-11-14 in rear with 14" ITP 112 wheels(14x6,14x8)

I can tell you that the 14" tire size runs true to height. THe difference between the 27-28" and the 30" is that the 30" only has 24 lugs compared to the 28 lugs of the 27-28 so they run much smoother. After 10MPH the mega mayhem run smooth as stock. Compared to stock they are an amazing trail tire as they are very stiff with no roll. They find traction in anything, and I found in mud holes I would idle my way through with little throttle input where on stock tires I was wide open. They are not a very wide tire, I was surprised even on 14x8's I don't think they measure a true 11" wide. The front are narrow also. Benefit to this is they really climb, dig well. If there is a bottom, they will find it and pull you out as long as your not high centered.

25" Carlisle vs 28" Mega Mayhem. Same PSI, Off the Bike.

·
Registered
190 Posts
How many psi are u runnin in ur megas?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Are the megas a tire that for sure need axels with them? I got a qsc kit in my 850 scrammy already. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the pics & info Indyred800!. I have rear rhino axles but stock fronts so time will tell NDsrt. Also have a QSC clutch kit.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I don't see a reason for aftermarket axels with these tires, that was one of the worries with my bike when I purchased them. I think if you get crazy with the throttle you might run into problems but not anymore then with any other aggressive tire.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I don't see a reason for aftermarket axels with these tires, that was one of the worries with my bike when I purchased them. I think if you get crazy with the throttle you might run into problems but not anymore then with any other aggressive tire.
Its how you ride. You can blow up an axle with stock tires if you wanted to. I run 30" Monsters on stock axles. I'm actually pretty hard on the machine and still haven't busted an axle with these tires. I blew an axle with the stock tires when I first got the machine. I just needed to learn how to treat a 4x4. I beat the 850 up pretty bad in this video. No issues.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I ran mega mayhems on my foreman 450 and loved them They pulled great in the mud. not the best on sand or trying to get over a log but overall they are good

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well i got my 27" mega mayhems & STI HD1 rims today, gotta get the tires mounted yet, but they measure 27" tall, will see if that changes once on the wheeler.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts