Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to the board.
Hoping to get some good answers here :)
So, this summer I bought a Sportsman 570 SP -17.
It has the McPerson struts in the front (European model, US might have dual a-arms)?

I'm now looking to upgrade my tires. Machine comes stock with 26" tires on 14" rims.
A friend of mine recommended the ITP Mud lite XL, and now I'm wondering if I should go with the 27" or the 28"?
When I read online, people are saying ITP-tires seems to be a size smaller than other tires.
Will 28x10-14 and 28x12-14 fit on my stock 570 Except for spacers in the front.
I'm worrying about rubbing in the back against the footwell/fender.
Or should I go with the 27x10-14 and 27x12-14 instead?

Best regards!

·
Premium Member
9,427 Posts
On stock rims 28s won't rub the rear fender. The fronts will require spacers for 9" and wider. FYI a 10" wide front does cause the steering to react different.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On stock rims 28s won't rub the rear fender. The fronts will require spacers for 9" and wider. FYI a 10" wide front does cause the steering to react different.
Thank you for your reply!
Could you tell me more about how the steering is affected? It's affected in a bad way I guess? :\

·
Registered
215 Posts
Xls seem cool. I went Mud Lite 2s on my 570. More aggressive tread. Either way its an upgrade

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,022 Posts
10" wide front tires will cause the machine to wander all over the trail when riding on hard surfaces. I would never put a 10" wide tire on the front. You really gain nothing from it, but lose a lot.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
What's the weight of 27" Mud Lites? Seems like some get away without spacers on front, is that cause there 9" tires are a little narrow?

·
Registered
15 Posts
2016 / 2013

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I put 27-9-14 front, 27-11-14 rears on my wife's 570. No lift and no rubbing so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey SmokeEater829. Have you had any problems since the post with rubbing or scrubbing? I'm new to the forum & looking for wheels and tires for my 2017 570!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts