·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone running these on the stock wheels? 27x9x14 front and 27x11x14 rear

·
Registered
369 Posts
I am pretty sure you will need to bend the rear swaybar to clear them. Either that or get aftermarket rims. Almost all aftermarket rims have a wider offset then factory rims, so that extra offset would solve the clearance issue.

I am told the 2010's have a new sway bar designed to clear the larger tires. So you might be able to order the 2010 swaybar, or bend the one you have to clear them.

As for what sort of tire to get, that all comes down to where you ride.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2009 850 XP and they fit very well on stock rims. Lat week I changed to tha BajaCross in size 26" but I didn't feel the ATV as I did with the XTR's so I returned to the 27x11x14 Mud Lite XTR.

Don't worry about if they gone a fit. I guarantee they would with out any problem.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a 2009 850 XP and they fit very well on stock rims. Lat week I changed to tha BajaCross in size 26" but I didn't feel the ATV as I did with the XTR's so I returned to the 27x11x14 Mud Lite XTR.

Don't worry about if they gone a fit. I guarantee they would with out any problem.
Got any pics?

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
27" Mudlites on stock wheel's.

·
Registered
6 Posts
tire fitment

Hey, new to the site. I am trying to determine what I should do with the whole tire rim combo for my 850. I like the stocker rims just fine for now and wanted to go with the bajacross for an overall good trail/mud tire. I keep running into the 11" in the rear worries that everyone talks about. Did the bajacross rub under load or at any point when You put them on and what size did You go with for the these tires on the stock rims. I plan on going with black Douglas Diablos in the stock rim size eventually.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On the Mudlites when you put weight on the rear you actually have more room to clear the swaybar. I had them put on today and I tried to make them rub but couldn't.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Tire info

Thanks PawPaw, what acutal size ITP tires did You go with, and how does the bike sit and ride with them. Any pics would be great, thanks.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks PawPaw, what acutal size ITP tires did You go with, and how does the bike sit and ride with them. Any pics would be great, thanks.
9's on the front and 11's on the rear. They ride good so far. I have some pics in my gallery. Used washers to bring them out a bit in the rear for additional clearance.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Tire info

:unitedstates:the xtr tire is a good tire i highly recomend them. I got them on my 09 850 xp
I put 900 miles on them and there are hardly wore . Grant it I dont ride pavement, but none the less im impressed by them, the clean out well in mud and still ride smooth on hard packed trails.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm in an area with lot's of mud, swampy area's and cane field's. I don't plan on going in any deep stuff like a lot of the younger guy's do around here. Too old for that stuff. I do like the power of the 850 and it has no problem's turning the 27's. Good looking bike's you have also.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Thanks , your 850 is nice ride too.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The 11's seem to fit well on the stock aluminum wheels with no clearence issues. The steel wheel has more positive offset and the tires will rub the sway bar. Personally I don't recommend bending it. Either get wheel spacers or after market rims.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ended up ditching the washer's and went with wheel spacer's. A lot more clearance now.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I am getting 11s in the rear an 9s in the front on stock wheels on my 2010 xp. Will I have a problem?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts