Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be upgrading the tires/wheels on my 2013 Polaris Sportsman 500 soon. I don't want to go up in size and lose a ton of power; I just want more aggressive tread for trails/mud. Several of my OEM wheels have bent lips so I may purchase new wheels when I get the tires. I like the ITP black steel wheels; my question is...does anybody know if the ITP wheels (12 inch) weigh the same as the OEM Sportsman wheels, or if the weight difference is even close?

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I would go for a set of ITP aluminum wheels in my opinion if you want to save weight. You can always get the rim protectors if you are bending up the edges. I have Aluminum rims and beat the heck out of them and they haven't failed me yet. My buddy hit a rock with his stock Rincon rims and it just collapsed like foil.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I have some itp deltas on my rears. Weight is pretty much the same. No complaints. Much cheaper then oem.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
I'll be upgrading the tires/wheels on my 2013 Polaris Sportsman 500 soon. I don't want to go up in size and lose a ton of power; I just want more aggressive tread for trails/mud. Several of my OEM wheels have bent lips so I may purchase new wheels when I get the tires. I like the ITP black steel wheels; my question is...does anybody know if the ITP wheels (12 inch) weigh the same as the OEM Sportsman wheels, or if the weight difference is even close?
I love this idea. Much cheaper, and more guilt free riding too!

·
Super Moderator
7,055 Posts
I'm not sure what the weight difference is, but you will not fold up a Delta Steel wheel. Half the price of an aluminum wheel and tougher than hell. Had them on my 800 X2, and transferred them to my wife's 500 when I sold it. Pretty much indestructible. Probably the best bang for your buck when shopping for wheels.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Do they make them in a 14"?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts