Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the fall, but...
I had to put the winter tires, doors and top back on the Jeep this weekend....

Then today the winter large wind shield and winter tires went on the 700...

Anyone else made the switch over?

(I switch tires more to protect my alloy rims from the salt we put on the roads here in the North East...)

CW

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yeah, I hear ya! Put the top and doors back on the TJ Saturday. Then took it on a little Jeep run up to the George Washington National Forest Sunday. It was only 45 degrees with rain up on the Blue Ridge. Fall is here and Winter soon will be!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Happy Day!

I say that it's a happy day. A nice crisp cold in the morning. Warms up and shed a jacket during the day. Nice cool night perfect for a fire.

Fall is a great time to ride (as long as you can avoid hunting areas) and winter is coming and I love riding in the snow!

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Dang guys, I think winter is already here. haha

I don't have a Jeep, but I did drag out the heavy coveralls and all the assoiciated clothing to go with them. That's just so I can ride my bike, much less go hunting!

After all we had snow flurries here the other day!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I just got new rims and tires from Thor. GBC Sparticus look like they will be good in the snow. I did get my plow mounted and the rims and tires on. I am actually looking forward to some snow!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I do love Fall! Favorite season for sure!
Only thing I don't like is having to put the boat away for the season... :(

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
can feel the winter coming here for sure.

·
Super Moderator
7,022 Posts
The only switch over I do is throw the switch over from off to on for my grip and thumb warmers. :) Other than that, no changes. Have yet to see a tire do any better in the snow than the Bighorns do, so I run them year round.
Doesn't even feel like fall here yet. Yesterdays temp. was 85 at the house and near 70 up around 11,000' where I was riding. The Aspen trees are looking good though.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
great picture

·
Registered
213 Posts
Ya... its 75 here and it will be down to high 60s my the end of november...

I love A.Z. ;)

sent from my ROOTED DROID3 using tapatalk pro

·
Registered
180 Posts
Getting ready to put the plow back on the TJ soon, I have an old plow that I'm going to be putting on the 800 as well...Nothing special just an old Polaris plow that came off an 01. Gotta find a mounting plate for it...actually just going to find any mounting plate that will fit my 800 and then cut/bend the push tubes on plow to fit that plate...Can't stand snow...I have snowmobiles but riding them just isn't as fun as riding the wheelers.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
I have snowmobiles but riding them just isn't as fun as riding the wheelers.
agreed

1 - 12 of 12 Posts