Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new to this forum looking for info on 2010 ranger 400 4by 4 with 87 actual running hrs on it ,running great when last used.next time when I tried to start engine cranked over strong failed to start. I took it to a Polaris dealer of good reputation .they notified me flywheel had spun damaging key way in the flywheel they replaced flywheel with a new genuine Polaris part including new key. I put it back in service. engine shook all over .re contacted dealer .this time dealer contacted Polaris for technical help .Polaris gave specks. on crankshaft for degrees in relation of top dead center of piston and degree of key in crankshaft for spark to spark plug.at this point they installed new crankshaft &all main bearings new piston rings new gaskets .seals called me stated all ok ready to pick up which I did .upon first usage still not smooth like when new back to shop. they opened it back up flywheel spun again. the shop says Polaris will not stand for second new flywheel because unit is out of warranty .does any one know about this model are they a lemon or what? or will I need legal help with this matter I always considered Polaris very reputable and a good product any help will be very much appreciated

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Welcome to the forums!
How much time has expired between the crank replacement and the second flywheel?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Does the shop have a warranty on their repairs? At our auto dealer, we offer a 12 month/12,000 miles warranty. Sounds like they need to stand behind their work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts