Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just entered the world of ATV's about a year ago. I personally own an 06Polaris Predator, 500, which I researched and found to be the better of the quads. Glad I did my homework. I love it. I am just beginning to really control and utilize the massive amounts of raw power this machine has.

Wife and daughter also ride their own "Brand X" quads and love it, too. We ride a few places in the San Juaquin Valley but hit Pismo Dunes a few times a year-which we really enjoy.

I got a killer deal on my 06 Predator. It had very low miles with a personal aftermarket pipe and jetted carb. The only issue which I have come across are the aftermarket parts which you find readily available for Suzuki, Kawasaki, and Yamaha. I have found a few parts dealers like Rocky Mountain atv and Chaparral Motor Sports that have little parts for my bike. Where can I go to really "personalize" my baby?!

Glad to have found you guys and stay safe.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Whats up Jay? I have an 06 TLD Pred and they are one of the most dependable sport quads around IMO if you take care of them.They are not quite as fast as some of the others but a few mods will cure that problem.What are you planning for it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Slider, I'm doing good. I agree that the Predator is very dependable-I have read and have also been told. I like that it is an American made machine and able to hang with all the imported BIG BOYS.

First of all, I'm 5' 08" 240 lbs, so I'm asking my machine to carry a load. I bought her used from a man in his mid 40's. I'm 35, so I know that he didn't abuse it. It was sitting their in his garage...immaculate machine, so I bought it. The sand really is the testing ground for machines...if it does well there, it will more than likely do well anywhere. I was thinking of a larger oil tank with a "Big Gun" rev limiter. I don't know if this is a good idea...since I have been told that it deactivates the stock ignition cut out. Slider, do you know the stock RPM range of these machines and is it worth working the motor to the edge? Thanks for responding and knowing that this place is available for us Predator enthusiasts.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Is it a TLD? Well... the engine is not American made.It is a Fuji lol which has a connection with Suzuki somehow.The stock rev limit is 8600 rpm maybe 8800.You can use a rev limiter alone(1000 rpm over stock will be ok)but with a slip on exhaust,jet kit,a good air filter or a different air filter set up all together and a 13 tooth front sprocket,that will give you a big difference in all around power and will give you more bottom end where they are lacking a little from the factory.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts