Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the dark when it comes to jetting. I just want to get that out there. I was told to put smaller jets in my atv because it is choking out at about 6500 feet (My house 2000' run perfict). I never use the choke because it starts right up. I was told that it might be to rich ( hint not having to use choke)and that i should be able to run it at home and 6500 Feet if i put smaller jets in. Does anyone have any suggestions? Any Info helps.

·
Registered
527 Posts
You will only half to use the choke if the temperature is below 30 degrees. Your dealer should be able to inform you what main jet you need to make your machine run correctly. I believe you have a 155 main jet stock and at 40 plus degrees and 5000 plus feet you should be running a 147.5 main jet.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it possible to run at 2000 ft and 6500 ft without changing jets?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Ok. Would you get the right jet for the higher elivation and switch every time you go up in the Mts. i quess is what im asking? Thank you for all the info i really have never had to mess with the jets in anything i have.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Ideally you should change jets for both of those elevations. What I would do is go with a bit smaller jet than you have so you will be running a little leaner at your home elevation (check with dealer so you don't go too lean)
Then it will run better than now at higher elevation (It will still be a bit rich at higher elevation) But should run better.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Chrisford4X4, If you got your ATV locally it should have been jetted just right. My dealer says normally they don't have to worry about it but occasionally get one not jetted correctly for the area. I live in Lewiston at 700 feet. I don't see any difference at 700 or 7000. Just my opinion. I am sure mileage is affect some but I just keep filling the tank :)
Another subject. We are going to make a 10 day ride in your area (Northern WA, ID, MT, and return) this summer. Mind if I contact you about some trails near you?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info. My quad runs awsome at home (1900 FT) its just when i start getting up to around 6500 feet it will turn into a sputering slug. I haven't had the time yet but im going to put a bit smaller jet in and try that. I'd be more than happy to tell you all of the rideing trial i know of around here. It seems like there is getting fewer and fewer every year.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
So i went to the polaris dealer i bought my atv at and tryed to buy some jets for it but the guy behind the counter told me that it had a fixed jet, and also a alltitude compensator on it to adjust for differn't altitudes. Any more info on this???????????
I never heard or read about polaris putting these on there atvs????

·
Registered
19 Posts
Who did you buy the ATV from?
I'm in Spokane and would love to know about any riding trails in the deer park area... Or meet up to ride sometime maybe.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts